HRM Officer Job Vacancy At Kiambu County In Kenya
Kiambu County Public Service Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions in the Administration and Public Service Department. This is pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and Section 63 of the County Governments Act, 2012.
Principal Human Resource Management Officer – Job Group “N” (10 Posts)
- The Principal Human Resource Management Officer will report to the Assistant Director Human Resources Management, for effective administration and management of the Directorate.
HRM Officer Job Purpose
- To support the planning, development, coordination and administration of Human Resource policies and programmes, rules and regulations in the county departments for effective performance and productivity.
HRM Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provide guidance on and oversight of the implementation of human resource management policies, rules and regulations for county departments and county public service bodies;
- Supervise staff in the unit for effective work performance;
- Coordinate human resource services in areas of recruitment, induction, promotion, job placement, leave scheduling, leave liability, welfare and benefits management;
- Represent the Director HRM in Departmental Management meetings and any other duties as directed;
- Implement human resource services in areas of recruitment, induction, promotion, job placement, leave scheduling, leave liability, welfare and benefits management;
- Maintain the work structure by ensuring job requirements and job descriptions for all positions are updated to meet evolving county human capital needs;
- Conduct required analysis into remuneration, salaries, bonuses and other benefits;
- Coordinate training and staff development initiatives for the county human capital;
- Assist in ensuring maintenance of good industrial relations among employees, the organizations and various trade unions;
- Facilitate in-house training to ensure employees understand the rationale underpinning policy change and monitor its successful implementation.
- Prepare accurate and timely recommendations for consideration by the senior departmental management;
- Support formulation of policy and oversight of Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) for the county;
- Support the management of the Integrated Payroll and Personnel Database (IPPD) system in the county.
Requirements For HRM Officer Jobs
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management or related field from a university recognized in Kenya;
- Membership of Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Evidence in computer literacy;
- Knowledge of relevant legislation;
- Knowledge of professional standards;
- Six (6) years relevant experience in HR or related field from a reputable organization.