Cover Letter/Resume Sample for Accounting Graduate
Box 222, [email protected]
Mr. Pal Uvan
Human Resource Manager
Box 33, Kanyassi
Dear Mr. Uvan :
I am applying for the position of Accountant with Stanbic Bank as advertised in the Daily Guide paper on the 30th of July, 2013.
I graduated from the University of Cairo in 2009 with a degree in Accounting and attained a four years working experience at Merchant Bank as an Accountant. I am have professional certification in ACCA.
After graduating, I have been working as a Senior Accountant by liaising with clients and providing financial advice, maintaining accurate accounting records, giving clients the need financial advice when entering agreements and preventing financial malpractices by identifying fraud.
I strive well under pressure and work with limited or no supervision in the financial market. As an Accountant, I maintain good interpersonal and communication skills with my clients and co-workers.
I believe, my qualification as a Chartered Accountant and working experience will be a valuable skills set for your reputable bank in attaining your milestone target in this competitive financial market.
I have attached my curriculum vitae for your perusal and will be happy to meet you to further discuss my job experience and qualification. I am excited with the prospects of working with Stanbic bank for both career development and mutual benefits.
Career Prospects and Job Description of an Accountant
Accounting deals in figures and calculations. Accountant is a practitioner of accounting. The name Accountant is familiarized with financial institutions. Accountants are tasked by Managers and Chief Executive Officers to minimize cost and provide transparent accounts. The general framework of accounting covers auditing, tax service, Accounting and record-keeping and Business Advisory Services.
The profession starts with studying Business Accounting at College level. One must be strong in Mathematics and Accounting figures. For Undergraduate level, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration with major in Accounting is important. To become a respected accountant, one must also have professional qualification, Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and other recognized associations.
Accountants must be trustworthy. The only way is to earn your Managers trust by doing the right thing repeatedly. As an Accountant, you have the responsibility to the company’s investors, market policies, creditors and management.
The following skills are listed by targetjobs, USA as some of the skills of an accountant
- Numeric Skills
- Good negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Good IT skills
- High interest in transparent business
- Good IT Skills especially for accounting software
- Must be smart, creative and honourable
- Exceptional reporting and presentation skills
- Excellent record keeping skills with knowledge in MS Office especially Excel.
Typical companies that employ accountants include Utility Companies, public sector, local authorities, industries and private organisations.
Every good accountant must have the listed skills set. I see Accounting as a delicate professional that needs great personalities to manage.
At the job place, accountants are responsible for:
- Advise especially employees on compensation and salary structure
- Survey operations to determine emerging accounting needs and recommend financial solutions
- Maintain financial security by following best accounting practices
- Prepare payment vulture of employees and determine the SSNIT and Tax contributions
- Attending conferences and workshops to upgrade on new accounting systems.
- Advise government and managers on the trend of the economy and the best policies to implement for financial gains.