Agric Chains Development Ltd (ACD) Job Vacancy in Kenya : Accountant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!Job Description
Agric Chains Development Ltd (ACD) is an agribusiness consulting and advisory firm based in Eldoret.We specialize in the provision of expert business advice to farmers, other small scale agricultural enterprises and local economic development projects to overcome diverse production,marketing, financing and programmatic constraints in agricultural value chains.
ACD in partnership with Farmers Organisation Support Centre in Africa (FOSCA) of the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA)is rolling out a 3 year FinGRO Project in four counties: Narok, Uasin Gishu, TransNzoia and Baringo. The main aim of the project is to strengthen capacity of 10-Farmer Organisations (FOs) to enhance service delivery and access to credit to at-least 8000 cereal smallholders.
The project has 3 specific and interrelated objectives:
- Enhance governance and entrepreneurial skills of target FOs
- Improve FOs Financial Literacy and Access to Finance
- Improve business performance of target FOs through knowledge sharing and learning
We have employment opportunities for individuals interested in joining our dynamic team in achieving the objectives of this project.
Duties and Responsibilities S/he will be responsible to the day-to-day accounting and financial operations of FinGRO project and other ACD business activities. And at all times, provide accurate and up-to-date financial reports to the directors and ACD partners.
- Manage and reconcile bank/cash books, preparation of monthly financial reports, ensuring financial and resource accountability and effective management of records as required for auditing.
- Adhere to FINGRO Project budgetand ensure that expenditures are in line with ACD/AGRA policies and financial management procedures.
- Prepare monthly cash flow projections, and assist the Project team in preparing monthly cash forecast according to project requirements as requested.
- Process timely payments for goods and services received.
- Coordinate any interim and annual audits.
- Review and refineACD financial management systems to improve efficiency and accuracy of tracking and reporting.
- Assist in the preparation of donor reporting, interim and final.
- Preparation of Statutory remittance to concerned bodies as provided for in the payroll – NHIF, NSIF, NSSF, Consultants withholding tax remissions and Annual returns. This needs to be done within the deadlines given.
- Professional qualification, CPA (K). Holders of Bcom/BBM Degrees will have an added advantage.
- Proven experience in financial accounting of not less than 2 years. Those with experience working with development projects are preferred.
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks is mandatory.
- Utmost flexibility, with a strong work ethic and an entrepreneurial spirit to accommodate high level of responsibility and multiple priorities.
Please submit your Updated C.V. and cover letter indicating the position on the subject line by email to to: The Director, ACD Ltd.
Email: email@example.com Deadline, November 15, 2013.