Bollore Logistics Job Vacancy in Kenya : Bonds Manager
Container Logistics (CoLog) & Bonds Manager, Mombasa, Kenya
Our company is the leading integrated logistics network in Africa.
We are a key player in port activity and a specialist in terrestrial transport as well as an expert in tailor-made logistics solutions.
An exciting and challenging career opportunity has arisen in our Mombasa Branch. We invite applicants who are performance driven, possess excellent transferable skills and demonstrable track records of achievement in past roles.
In charge of the CoLog & Bonds Departments in Mombasa and chiefly responsible for reducing financial exposure .This is through the tracking and coordination of the return of all containers cleared by the company through Mombasa Port and bonds management. Volume ranges from 1,200 TEU’s as transit cargo per month and 800 TEU’s as local import cargo ex Mombasa. The bonds department is in place to manage the opening and closure of all bonds necessary to cover local, transit & export cargo in transit through Mombasa Port.
The department is divided into four main sections which is summarized as follows:
Invoicing & Administration:
- Management & approval of all shipping line invoices relating to demurrage (Advanced, Interim and Final) and repair / replacement value charges. Further analysis of these charges is also necessary with a full explanation of why they were raised by the shipping line. If charges are recoverable then a full chronology of the events is necessary.
- Reconciliation and recovery of container deposit charges charged by the shipping lines.
- Dispute resolution along with regular dialogue to negotiate the best rates / tariff for the company and their key clients.
- Management & approval of transporters invoices to ensure quick payment. This includes the quick resolutions of disputes with transporters and the follow up of the container interchange to ensure the container has been returned and liability has ended.
- Tracking of containers from vessel discharge in Mombasa Port to Turn in at the designated Shipping Line depot after the cargo has been delivered to destination.
- Daily communication with local and regional AL offices. Nairobi is the main local destination and Transit destinations include Uganda, South Sudan, Tanzania, DRC and Somalia.
- Updating of tracking software ‘Dendi’ which is new to Kenya and was implemented internally at the start of July 2013. Dendi is generated by regular updates by both the operational and tracking teams and introduced to improve container tracking / communication between local and regional AL offices.
- Follow up of the container interchange and approval of supplier / transporters invoices to ensure quick payment. If invoices are under dispute then resolution is also the CoLog teams responsibility.
- Liaising with shipping lines to ensure best demurrage free periods and other terms are being obtained for AL
Bonds Team in Mombasa:
The opening and closure of all bonds related to Local and Transit cargo and includes Bank, General and Particular Bonds. This involves careful coordination with the declaration teams and the processing of documentation (T810 & T812) necessary for bond registration. Once the cargo has reached its final destination or exited Kenya the bonds team is also responsible for the quick return of documentation from the border for bond cancellation in Nairobi and the management of customs extensions where cargo is delayed in Kenya.
Border Offices: (Malaba & Busia)
Responsibility for the daily running and smooth operations of the border offices. This includes Malaba and Busia borders to Uganda which is handling the majority of AL cargo. This includes customs handling and return of bonds documentation to Mombasa for sign off and cancellation.
- Preferably a Graduate, min A-Levels
- Fluent in English, knowledge of French would be an advantage.
- Minimum 6 years of working experience with 3 years in a management position, preferably in the Logistics industry
- Capacity to set priorities in a complex environment
- Relationship Management: ability to connect and work with people from different cultures and levels of responsibility (Management, peers, colleagues, team members, authorities, partners, suppliers)
- Leadership and results: ability to drive people, teams and projects and to influence internal stakeholders in order to achieve set results
- Team player
- Very strong analytical skills with great attention to detail
Interested candidates should submit their applications and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18th November 2013.