Fairmont Job Vacancy : Accounts Payable Supervisor
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Fairmont
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Accounts Payable Supervisor
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts, our financial operations thrive with the commitment of Colleagues who model our values of Respect, Integrity, Teamwork and Empowerment. Showcase your numerical, organizational and service strengths as Accounting Payable Supervisor, where your attention to detail will ensure accurate accounting and balanced reconciliation.
Hotel Overview: With magnificent views of majestic Mount Kenya, the Fairmont Mount Kenya Safari Club Resort’s 120 luxuriously appointed hotel rooms, set in over 100 acres of landscaped gardens, offer a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Originally the retreat of movie star and Club founder, William Holden, the Club’s illustrious former members have included Winston Churchill and Bing Crosby
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief accountant, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Must be willing to work a flexible schedule in order to accomplish all major responsibilities and tasks.
- Must have a commitment to follow all local and corporate policies and procedures as they relate to position
- Must work in a safe, prudent, and organized manner.
- Verify that all invoices are supported by duly approved purchase orders when required, Signed receiving documentation and/or the approval of authorized management personnel.
- Code invoices to the appropriate general ledger account, and record the vendor number.
- Verify invoices to check the unit of issue, unit price, quantity, extension, and applicable law, against the hotel purchase order and receiving advice.
- Maintain an approved up-to-date vendor/supplier database on the accounts payable system.
- Verify invoices to check the unit of issue, unit price, quantity, extension, and applicable taxes against the hotel purchase order and receiving advice.
- Obtain approval for invoices from the appropriate department head prior to processing the invoices on the accounts payable system.
- Print and submit cheques with supporting documentation to the Controller and the General Manager for their signatures.
- Maintain current files (manual or electronic) for 1) approved purchases orders, 2) approved orders received that have not yet been invoiced, and 3) approved orders received that have approved invoices, but that are still waiting for the check to be produced.
- Maintain a close working relationship and communicate with the purchasing/receiving staff.
- Reconcilevendor statements monthly in order to ensure that the account is kept current.
- Maintain alphabetical files by vendor containing complete invoices and backup attached to the cheques for efficient access after payment. All filing is to be kept current.
- Process all Accounts Payable invoices and manual cheques through the computer system.
- Forward all stop payment void cheques to the Assistant Controller for journalising.
- Check vendor statements as they are received and resolve all discrepancies directly with the vendor.
- Prepare manual cheques as they required if directed by Controller or Assistant Controller.
- Run the required reports at month end close the Accounts Payable cycle.
- Prepare journal entry for accrual of invoices received after closing and for goods and service received, but not yet invoiced.
- Maintain,and constantly update, an approved vendor listing file. The Assistant Controller must approve updates for a cheque and balance.
- Conduct self in a professional manner at all times to reflect the high standards of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts.
- Prepare payroll by month on time for payment to all employees of the property and maintain statutory deductions dealing with matters arising on NSSF, NHIF and including and other statutory submissions
- Ensure timely preparation of payment for separations via cheques and accurate tabulation are worked .
- Perform any other duties that the Controller and Assistant Controller require.
- ** Must have minimum 3 years experience in a similar positions
- Strong acumen for figures
- Degree level of education
- Accounting knowledge upto Minimum CPA 11 level required
- Understanding and previous experience in payroll Management
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Highly organized with strong planning skills
Visa Requirements:The position is open for citizens only
APPLY TODAY:Whether you’re launching your career or seeking meaningful employment, we invite you to visit http://www.fairmontcareers.com/ to learn more about Fairmont Hotels & Resorts and the extraordinary opportunities that exist!