First Group Job Vacancy : Office Clerk
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: First Group EA Limited
- Location: Nairobi, Central, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Job title: Office Clerk
Job function: Consulting
Job industry: Maritime
The Clerk performs responsible, general clerical and administrative support work requiring accuracy, attention to detail, organizational skills, and computer knowledge. Duties include such tasks as answering telephones, greeting clients, typing, word processing and filing. Work involves the exercise of independent judgment, initiative, flexibility and effective interpersonal skills to work with co-workers and the general public.
- Performs general office duties, including faxing, copying, operating post box and troubleshooting when necessary; maintains files in a neat and orderly manner.
- Meets and greets public in a pleasant manner, determines nature and purpose of visit, and directs or escorts them to specific destinations or appropriate persons. Answers and screens telephone calls in a polite and knowledgeable manner.
- Takes accurate messages, including those in confidence, answers basic procedural questions, and/or forwards calls for all staff.
- Review and process vessel documents ensuring consistency, accuracy and completion and documenting any required documents.
- Update and maintenance of company’s safety and environment compliance documentation.
- Responsible for all development of training documents, updating company standard operating procedures and ensure adherence to document creation and control while supporting and maintaining various databases.
- Types or word processes correspondence, information on forms, reports and statistics from copy, rough draft, or own compiled information.
- Responsible for preparation, submitting documentation i.e. forms, contracts, applications, letters and proposals for approval of governmental agencies.
- File correspondence, cards, invoices, receipts, and other records in alphabetical or numerical order or according to the filing system used. Locate and remove material from file when requested.
- Composes routine correspondence and documents from notes, verbal instructions, standard text, or own initiative and responds to, internal and external communication concerning complaints and inquiries
- Audit all paperwork received and check all paper work submitted for accuracy.
- Maintains inventory of all record sheets, making copies when needed.
- Prepare documents for electronic storage
- Assist with special projects as well as administrative tasks
- Other duties assigned by company management
- Must be able to work Monday through Friday 8:00 – 5:00
Job Skills required
- Maritime Ports and International Shipping Operations
- Ship Management
- Office Management and Administration Systems
- Safety Management Systems
- Environmental Management Systems
- At least 2 years’ experience in clerical work in maritime industry.
- Graduation from an accredited four-year college or university is generally preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work effectively within a diverse group.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Good working knowledge of general office functions, business methods and procedures, OSHA and environmental regulations
- Ability to read, understand, interpret, input, and analyse data
- Knowledge of records administration and maintenance
- Ability to take initiative, work independently and report findings on a consistent basis
- Ability to work effectively independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain working relationships with internal/external stakeholders and be open to peer review from supervisors on work performance standards
- Ability to respond to high pressure situations and meet changing demands and timelines
- Ability to learn new regulations and standards to ensure compliance
- Proficient operation of computer systems utilizing Microsoft Office Suite and database systems
- Must demonstrate excellent organizational, communication and writing skills.