Head of Programme Jobs Interview Up Consulting 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Interview Up Consulting
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Kenya
Head of Programme Jobs at Interview Up Consulting
Our client, an organization that is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems, is in need of a Head of Programme. Highly driven and entrepreneurial individual to provide leadership with an aim to improve Maternal and Child health outcomes by introducing and combining scalable mobile innovations from our client. The main objective of the programme is to increase sustainable access to health services for low income people through developing a savings programme with top ups (from donor and domestic remittances) via a mobile health
Personnel Reporting to the Job Holder
- Workstream manager/officer – inclusive demand side financing
- Workstream manager/officer – quality improvement
- Workstream manager/officer – community education
- Advocacy and stakeholder engagement
- Data driven intervention
- Programme budget
- Programme assets
- Strategy and Operations
Head of Programme Job Responsibilities
- Provide thought leadership on the evolving nature of the Relevant policies and Operations initiative guidelines.
- Source and implement business development strategies for continuous growth
- Manage the county teams with 6 work streams to ensure that The is implemented effectively with high impact.
- Ensure that the 6 work streams are synergistic, integrated and well-coordinated.
- Lead on the preparation, review and periodic revision of detailed operational plans to ensure the project is delivered within the timeframe and achieves all significant milestones. Agree year plans with main stakeholders and
present to Steering Committee for approval.
- Monitor progress through regular field visits, review of indicators, and meetings with Steering Committee, Programme Committee, partners, service providers,
- Community Health Volunteers, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure the effective use of donor resources.
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements at all levels (reporting, procurement, visibility, budget etc.) and be in charge of the communication to Programme
- Committee and Steering Committee.
- Develop and take ownership of a formal risk matrix for the 3 counties.
- Develop and implement (saving) product and Maternal and Relevant policies, Child education modules together with the work stream procedures and leads in such a way that health market for the poor are being guidelines.
kick started and sustained over time.
- Facilitate process of new content deployment and product development on existing IT infrastructure
- Facilitate process of one platform and/or dashboard building for project data collation and use
- Review and approve all project sub-contracts and consultancy Terms of Reference.
- Manage the work stream teams to ensure that project is implemented effectively with high impact
- Work closely with the Programme Committee and Steering Committee to ensure County workplans and implementation are aligned with the log frame, workplans and budget
- Build an effective working relationship with partnership members and other key stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of a county and national level advocacy with Health in Africa Initiative and partnership members
- Maintain regular, productive communications between project partners and other key stakeholders
Reporting and Documentation
- Prepare periodic reports for monitoring and provide input to Documentation the quarterly, interim and final reports to the donor
- Provide support in developing case studies for publications
Qualifications for the Head of Programme Job
- MBA or Master’s degree in (public) health or economics
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leadership role
- Experience in business in Africa with experience in the health sector (preferably with mobile technology)
- Entrepreneurial, proactive and hands-on mentality, with an enthusiasm for working in a dynamic, fast paced environment
- Personable relationship builder, persuasive, engaging presence, with diplomacy, emotional intelligence, and a good sense of humour
- Proven experience of designing and implementing performance based work structures and data driven decision making.
- Strategic and entrepreneurial approach to fund management, product development, marketing, communication and capacity building and team management.
- Passion for social impact
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Proficiency in ICT
- Decision making skills
- Highly organised
- Effective presentation
- Emotional intelligence
- Good sense of humour
- High Integrity/ethics, commitment and respect for diversity
- Corporate Policies, Systems, Procedures and Methods
- Work Environment
- Hours of Work
- Normal working hours.Job holder may be required to work outside normal working hours due to the nature of the work in general