Health Programme Manager Jobs HelpAge International 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Kenya
Job Title: Regional Health Programme Manager
Job Grade: National/ Expatriate Unaccompanied
Preferred Location: Ethiopia/ Kenya/ Mozambique/ Tanzania with extensive regional travel
Contract Length: Three years’ contract, accompanied post
Regional Head of Programmes Key relationships: Regional Director, Country Directors, Country Representatives, Regional Programme Managers, Country Health Programme Managers, Global Health Technical Adviser/s, Network partner staff, Health and Care Working Group
HelpAge International (www.helpage.org) is the secretariat to the HelpAge Global Network, which brings together a wide range of organisations and individuals working to promote the rights and meet the needs of older women and men, nationally and/or internationally.
HelpAge International is going through a period of exciting organisational change, looking at positioning itself robustly as an organisation that works with and influences through a strong network of organisations.
The role Regional Health Programme Manager is expected to impact and influence in the following critical areas.
Health Programme Manager Specific Job Responsibilities And Key Tasks
- Lead in developing and implementing the regional health and care strategy focused on HIV & AIDS, Non-
- Communicable Diseases, and other health issues faced by older people.
- Analyse the SDG-3 priority on health care, especially around targets and indicators for older people. Ensure to sync HelpAge and network’s priorities with these
- Support and coordinate the development health and care country strategies that is aligned to the regional and global priorities and firmly based on evidence and learning from existing work.
- Identifying and working with a range of strategic partners within the region and beyond, to ensure programmatic collaboration, joint advocacy, research and fundraising.
- Develop focussed collaboration with key organisations such as WHO, UNAIDS, UNICEF and UNFPA.
Technical support- to country teams and network members
- Provide need based technical support to country teams and network members. Examples of support include- development of policy briefs, staff and partner capacity development, responding to specific donor calls through technical advice, monitoring of ongoing programmes etc.
- Lead in the development of technical standards to support our focus on promoting age friendly health services.
- Develop standard program designs and indicators on the same to be used in programming. Identify and share good practices and updated research findings on the same within the teams.
- Scaling up use of the Health Outcomes Tool in measuring quality of health care provisions for older people.
- Program Development and Resource Mobilisation
- Support in development of programmes and fundraising for the strategic priority areas in health and care work as defined for the region and country specific strategies.
- Identify and develop technical content for proposals focussed on older peoples’ health and care
- Manage strategic regional programmes within the health and care portfolio, ensuring they are delivered in line with quality standards
- Oversee (either line manage or matrix manage) staff working in regional health and care programmes
- Development and delivery of health & care strategy across the Africa region in sync with SDG 3
- Capture learning outcomes from health & care work by country teams and network
- Lead and contribute to fundraising efforts for health & care work in the region
- Offer high quality technical support to country offices and network
- Develop strategic partnerships aiming programming, advocacy, research & fundraising
- Represent HelpAge in relevant regional and global technical forums
Advocacy and Lobbying
- Analyse and write policy briefs and research papers – Identify specific issues, undertake analysis and develop policy briefs targeting key stakeholders. Publish in relevant journals on the issue. Maintain overview of the health and care work within the region and internationally.
- Representation – Participate in relevant technical forums within the region covering general health and care, especially NCD issues and highlight issues of older persons supporting their integration in relevant policies and strategies.
Terms of Reference
HelpAge International, Africa region is currently looking for staff members who are interested and able to take on the role as focal points for gender, disability and accountability.
The person will also be able to interact with across a cross section of the organizational leadership within the region and UK office to share information as well as to influence on broad policy issues concerning the theme.
Broad Responsibilities for the Health Programme Manager Job
- Understanding of the relevant organizational guideline/ framework
- Discussing ways in which the issue is currently being looked at/ integrated in organizational priorities
- Identify specific activities/ approaches that can be implemented to ensure integration of the issues
- Develop and work with a group of champions within the country teams and network members on the issues
- Provide broad guidelines to teams on ways in which issues can be integrated
- Organize and coordinate training for staff
- Scheduling calls within the region to discuss the issues and updates
- Providing a report every 6 months (format and metrics to be developed)
- Demonstrable experience on the specific issue
- Knowledge on various organizational ‘good practices’ on integration of the issue
- Ability and willingness to coordinate with team members within the region and provide team members with technical support necessary
- Passion and personal interest to further the issue within the region
- Ability to influence others through support, sensitisation and factual advocacy
Visit the website for a detailed Job Description.