Hotel Sales & Marketing Manager Job 2017
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Sheer Logic is seeking to engage a dynamic individual for the Sales & Marketing Manager position for one of our clients in the hospitality industry.
Job Summary: Manage the Sales function of the hotel to ensure the completeness, accuracy, integrity, legality and timeliness of sales reports in accordance to our client’s standards so as to support operation and achieve goals.
Key Result Areas
- Establishes sales objectives by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions and territories; projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products.
- Implements national sales programs by developing field sales action plans.
- Maintains sales volume, product mix, and selling price by keeping current with supply and demand, changing trends, economic indicators, and competitors.
- Establishes and adjusts selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, and supply and demand.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities, implementing sales plans and managing staff.
- Achieves marketing and sales operational objectives by contributing marketing and sales information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews, preparing and completing action plans, implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards, resolving problems by determining system improvements and implementing change.
- Meets marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements, preparing an annual budget, scheduling expenditures, analyzing variances and initiating corrective actions.
- Determines annual and gross-profit plans by forecasting and developing annual sales quotas for regions, projecting expected sales volume and profit for existing and new products, analyzing trends and results, establishing pricing strategies and recommending selling prices, monitoring costs, competition, supply, and demand.
- Accomplishes marketing and sales objectives by planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating advertising, merchandising, and trade promotion programs and developing field sales action plans.
- Identifies marketing opportunities by identifying consumer requirements, defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses, forecasting projected business and establishing targeted market share.
- Improves product marketability and profitability by researching, identifying, and capitalizing on market opportunities, improving product packaging and coordinating new product development.
- Prepare budgets , approve expenditures and determine discount rates or special pricing plans
- Responsible for overseeing the sales department within a company or organization. Sets local and regional sales quotas, manages sales support staff and representatives, and advises company about sales performance.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Plan and implement a specific appraisal system that describes the responsibilities and performance standards for each member of the sales team, set individual territory sales and commission targets and administer the commission plan.
- University Degree and other relevant sales professional qualifications
- 5 years working experience in Sales and Marketing functions within hospitality industry
- Computer knowledge in all hospitality related software
- Working knowledge of Hotel’s Property Management and Point of Sales Systems.
- A strong sense of business ethics including the ability to appropriately handle confidential information.
- Proven generalist experience including the ability to work at both strategic and operational levels
- Excellent Communication & Presentation Skills with the ability to influence and interface with senior members of the business.