International Transformation Ltd Jobs : International Relations Assistant
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Kenya
Organization: International Transformation Foundation
Closing date: 09 Dec 2016
International Transformation Foundation (ITF) is a youth led non-profit organization providing youth educational and self development programs encompassing leadership and entrepreneurship to harness creativity for Youth system that provide jobs; offering security, opportunities to grow, and contribute to the development of our communities.
With coordination Secretariat in Nairobi, ITF is operating initiatives that connects youth with others rather than alienates them through youth social businesses to help themselves. For any further information about ITF and our projects visit our website www.itfsecretariat.org.
International Relations Assistant:
Reporting to Operations Director, the International Relations Assistant plays a crucial role in bringing forward internationalization in ITF and is involved in many activities mainly creating and overseeing the ITF’s global operations. She / he is responsible for all of ITF’s foreign strategic planning and implementation , providing leadership and management of the International Programs/ Office including program planning, development, and oversight of budgets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Facilitate, coordinate and act as primary point-of-contact for all international affairs including:
- maintaining the relationship with current international partners and
- establishing new relationships with international organizations and states/Governments .
- Hire, train/mentor, supervise, and evaluate International Programs and or offices volunteer staffs,
- Receive and mentor International volunteers, ensuring they are well settled and facilitate their quick adjustment to their new environment,
- Organize and evaluate international programs including conferences, events and seminars as well as representing ITF in such,
- Identify and prepare grant proposal and or other fundraising strategies for international programs/projects/offices,
- Spearhead the ITF international expansion ( the ITF Dream challenge) by :
- opening new branches in East Africa, Africa and the world;
- Initiating international marketing, communications and Fund-raising initiatives.
- Direct the International Office branches including programs/projects planning, development,monitoring & evaluation and oversight of budgets,
- Other responsibilities may be assigned .
Basic Knowledge &Skills required:
The Applicant must possess or is extremely eager to learn and passionate about the following knowledge/skills and is able to demonstrate, that the essential functions of this position can be performed:
- Hold at least a Bachelors Degree in related fields such as International Relations; Communications, marketing etc,
- Possess knowledge in current issues and best practices relating to international youth development;
- Ability to come up with creative ideas for communication and promotional materials, fundraising, identify potential opportunities for raising funds and write grant proposals,
- Have excellent communication skills both orally and in writing (minimally in English), Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills and the ability to work with individuals from different cultures,
- Possess basic computer skills including graphic communication and social media management,
- Ability to maintain an established work schedule, with or without flexibility,
- Strong organizational and management skills- ability to multi task and prioritize,
- Motivated to learn and take on new challenges’
- Willingness and capacity to volunteer’
- Unparalleled passion and commitment for youth & community development.
Although ITF Volunteer staffs enjoy limitless opportunities, ITF does NOT provide any kind of compensation. ITF Staffs operates on full time volunteer basis for a minimum of 3 months contract. They are responsible of all basic expenses such as home – office transportation, accommodation etc. ITF ONLY provide direct operational expenses such as Staff’s transportation to a meeting outside office, visit field operations etc.
Other application requirements:
- Be familiar with who we are, what we do and how we do it from our website before sending in your application.
- Like our Facebook page and follow us on Twitter,
- Completed ITF Volunteer/Intern Application form,
- Ready to start by 9th January 2016.
- This position is available for youth (18 – 30 years old) of any Nationality.
- This position is offered only to those who can commit atleast 6 months.