IOM Programme Intern Job 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
I. Position Information
II. Organizational Context and Scope
With improvement of general security situation in Somalia and food security level, The Programme is shifting its focus toward durable solutions from life-saving and humanitarian assistance and also covers return & reintegration of IDPs, returnees and refugees.
Emergency operations dealing with influx of migrants as a result of disasters or forced returns
1) Returning refugees from neighboring countries and transit area communities,
Under the direct supervision of Project Manager for MCROPS, the incumbent is responsible for performing administration and programme support duties including project tracking, document management, procurement and logistic support for Nairobi and field based offices.
- Assists in maintaining project administration systems as established by the Project Manager, including document filing, photo management, and financial tracking.
- Assist in managing partners’ grants in coordination with field staff and follow-up on instalments, reports, and project progress as necessary.
- In coordination with field staff as well as Programme Manager, draft press briefing notes, call for proposals, and partner agreement, donor reports, and other information materials.
- Support field-based staff with admin/finance/logistical follow-up as necessary.
- Arrange departmental meetings and take minutes in meetings and provide relevant documentation for the meetings.
- Prepare Travel Authorizations (TA) and follow up requests for security clearance for the Staff and external consultants as required.
- Follow up and/or prepares Payment Requests and Purchase requisition forms (PRFs) for authorization and coordinate/follow up with COS and finance.
- Assists and supports on logistics and administrative planning of meetings, field trips and trainings in Nairobi and field level as necessary where applicable.
- Attend cluster meetings, workshops that relevant to the Unit and provide feedback to the Programme Manager
- Perform any other related task as may be assigned.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- displays mastery of subject matter;
- contributes to a collegial team environment;
- creates a respectful office environment free of harassment and retaliation, and promotes the prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA),
- incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Degree in Business Administration, social sciences or related fields ;
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the field of humanitarian work;
- Experience working in project; working through local NGO or International Organization.
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office package (Word, Excel, Power Point), internet and Email;
- Fluency (written and spoken) in English is required;
- Knowledge of Somalia and prior work in the Horn of Africa region will be considered as an advantage.
- English – Fluent in speaking and writing
- Experience in project development