Procurement Officer Careers At In Kenya
Our client, the largest distributor for Household and Electronics products in the region, is seeking a Procurement Officer to join their dedicated team.
Job title : Procurement Officer
Procurement Officer Job Responsibilities In Kenya
Purchasing & Pricing
- Liaise and negotiating with suppliers on pricing.
- Creation and regular updating of a database of all suppliers
- Constantly negotiate with all suppliers for better pricing and better terms.
- Create yearly reviews and ratings for each suppliers
- Ensure all procurement is done within the shortest possible time frame. Maximum of 5 days from date of requisition to physically receiving the items
- Constantly following up with suppliers to ensure no delays in supplies
- Negotiate with suppliers and attempt to get set prices for long periods of time
- Create LPO’s in Orion & follow up for the goods received
- Input pricing of new items in Orion
- Changing existing pricing in events of special offers, price increases or decreases
- Entering/changing prices for spare parts received
- Maintaining a databased of all suppliers
- Monthly reports as per requirement of management
- Creating new codes
- Manage codes – e.g. change descriptions
Qualifications For Procurement Officer Jobs In Kenya
- Minimum of 3 years relevant work experience.
- Diploma in Procurement, Purchasing & Supplies or equivalent
- Must be a Registered Member, Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supplies (CIPS)
- IT User Skills
- Understanding of Supply Chain regulations
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Strong negotiation skills and influencing skills
- Attention to detail
- High levels of Integrity and Ethics
- Drive for results and achievement