Kenya Revenues Authority International Relations Assistant Manager Job 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA)
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: International Jobs in Kenya
Assistant Manager, International Relations Job At Kenya Revenues Authority
Division: Marketing & Communication
Section: EAC Affairs & IR
Reports to: Chief Manager – EAC Affairs & IR
Direct Reports: Officers EAC Affairs & IR
Assistant Manager, International Relations Job Purpose
Identify and manage relationships with institutions and organizations at the international level to raise KRA’s profile and develop linkages for knowledge sharing, partnerships and collaboration.
Assistant Manager, International Relations Job Responsibilities
- International Representation
- Monitor issues touching on KRA in international platforms and continuously highlight the Authority’s role with an aim of projecting it in positive light.
- Identify and develop mechanisms for KRA to actively participate in activities at the international level, generate and document information about KRA’s role at various international platforms.
- Expand awareness about KRA’s role and its activities and promote the
- Authority’s brand in the international arena.
- Research and knowledge management
- Gather, document and share information on international organisations that interact with KRA and other key players in Revenue Administration in the world.
- Develop and maintain a database on all international organisations and their activities.
- Obtain and maintain a calendar of activities for these organisations.
- Relationship Management
- Establish and maintain mutually beneficial relationships with key players at the international level.
- Manage and establish a coordinated interaction mechanism with foreign institutions, administrations and organisations including development partners on different issues.
- Manage both incoming and outgoing visits.
- Link business units to relevant key players in at the international level.
- Seek and pursue opportunities for the KRA to network across the world.
- Management of international instruments
- Liaise with Departments and assist in the development and renewal of international instruments such as:
- Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC);
- Memorandum of Understanding (MOU);
- Memorandum of Agreement (MOA);
- Mutual Administrative Agreements (MAA); and any other.
- Technical Assistance
- Publicize the advantages of these agreements.
- Monitor and capitalise on the performance and value of international partnerships and bring the information to light.
- Publicity and correspondence management
- Appoint country correspondents to act as primary points of contact with key international organisations that interact with KRA.
- Share and receive information pertinent to the development of mutually beneficial relationships between KRA and recognized international partners.
- Keep abreast of key international events and forums and liaise with relevant departments to ensure participation and information sharing.
- Generate information for publication in international publications including magazines, journals, among others.
- Ensure that relevant international communiqués: speeches/press releases are well interpreted and widely publicised to raise KRA’s profile.
- Contribute to relevant regional and international tax publications to highlight
- Enable KRA to emulate international best practise by monitoring trends and developments.
- Facilitate internal and regional capacity building through targeted technical assistance missions.
- Facilitate and highlight KRA’s knowledge transfer programme.
- Organise highprofile incoming and outgoing visits linked to the development and maintenance of international partnerships.
- Planning, performance monitoring and reporting
- Implementation of the EAC Affairs & International Relations Strategy and the creation of an action plan.
- Develop performance plans for direct subordinates.
Qualifications For Assistant Manager, International Relations Job
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Studies, Communications, Development Studies or an equivalent.
- Masters in International Studies or a related field will be an added advantage
- Minimum of two years’ experience in International Relations and Corporate Management.
- Demonstrated experience in events management.
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong administrative, managerial and leadership skills.
- Excellent planning, organisational and analytical skills.
- Excellent decision making skills and capabilities.
- Resilient, focused and results oriented.
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Motivated, dynamic and a dedicated team player.