KIWASH Project Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant 2017
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Kenya
Its purpose is to institutionalize catalytic models of sustainable service delivery for accelerated water and sanitation access in nine target counties and to improve complementary hygiene behaviors.
- Prepare and file complete backup documentation for procurement purchases to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits as necessary
- Uphold integrity, compliance, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes
- Assist in compliance with DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in various DAI’s system platforms
- Solicit bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions
- Assist in tracking all project procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses
- Prepare cost evaluation data and source selection documentation
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers, products, and services
- Ensure that beneficial, ethical and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies
- Maintain accurate procurement records in DAI’s procurement system (TAMIS) Pro
- Assist in market research and soliciting bids /quotes from vendors for items in adherence with project policies.
- Provide day-to-day operations and logistics support to the program teams
- Assist in monitoring, tracking and expediting program procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services.
- Assist with completing the procurement process through raising payment requests through the procurement software.
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as directed
Supervisory Responsibilities: The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant will have no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in purchasing and supply chain management or related field
- 1+ years of relevant experience in procurement
- Minimum 1 years’ experience working in a procurement role for USAID-funded projects
- Demonstrated attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to respond effectively to time sensitive demands and inquiries
- Proficiency using Microsoft office suite, and other relevant software
- Demonstrated strong problem solving skills as well as exceptional customer relations (both internally & externally); provides sound business judgment and contractual oversight
- Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to take initiative and be proactive in the procurement process
- A diploma professional procurement and supply change management qualification such as CIPS, CPSP-K, etc.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple concurrent bids
- Excellent communications and ability to relate to people at all levels of an organization and of different multi-cultural backgrounds
- Extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, and analytical ability
Base of Operations: Nairobi, Kenya with travel to project activity sites as needed.
Reporting: The Procurement and Local Subcontracts Assistant will work closely with the Procurement Specialist and report to the Procurement & Subcontracts Manager.
How to Apply
Only candidates who send their information by applying through the above link and by the deadline will be eligible.
NB: *The position is open to Kenyan Nationals only.*
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
DAI provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.