Latest Business Advisor Jobs in Kenya 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: TechnoServe
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Kenya
Agronomy Business Advisor Jobs in Kenya
Reports to: Senior Business Advisor.
Direct Reports: Farmer Trainers.
Works closely with: Business Advisors; M & E Analyst; Administration team.
Position Location: Project implementation sites in the coffee growing areas of Kenya.
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries. We are a non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets.
Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
TechnoServe’s Nespresso AAA Sustainable Quality Program is a partnership with Nespresso SA program is designed to introduce the Nespresso AAA program to Africa in Ethiopia, Kenya and South Sudan. The overarching goal is to reduce poverty of 200,000 smallholder coffee farmers in Kenya and Ethiopia through increased coffee incomes as a result of improved yields, quality and market access to Nespresso’s AAA supply chain.
The Agronomy Business Advisor shall support the implementation of strategies that will enable clients to achieve sustainable increases in coffee quality and yields.
Agronomy Business Advisor Job Responsibilities
- Sensitize cooperative leadership, smallholder coffee farmers and local stakeholders on the TechnoServe coffee project work.
- Implement existing strategies to provide assigned cooperatives with agronomy training and with structured post-training farm visits to improve adoption.
- Train and advise farmers being assisted by the project on coffee agronomy best practices with the objective of helping them to improve coffee yields and quality.
- Train, mentor, coach and support assigned Farmer Trainers on all technical and operational aspects of their work and in relationship with farmers. This includes assisting them to set performance goals, continuous assessment of performance and giving feedback.
- Participate in the implementation of the defined project monitoring, measurement and evaluation activities that ensure accurate and consistent capture of date for project reporting and documenting of the impact of our work.
- Create linkages between cooperative leadership, farmers and suppliers of recommended inputs and other farm requirements.
- Collect, collate, validate and submit the specified project data and clients’ reports within stipulated time lines.
- Cultivate and manage good relationship with clients both at leadership and farmer levels as well as with key industry stakeholders and community leaders at local levels.
- Keep abreast of developments concerning coffee at the cooperative and in the local community and regularly report these.
- Understand, respect and promote TechnoServe’s values, vision, and strategy in the implementation of assigned duties.
- Any other relevant tasks as assigned by the Senior Business Advisor.
Requirements for the Agronomy Business Advisor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, agronomy, crop science, horticulture or related agricultural sciences.
- At least three years’ professional experience – ideally in the private sector – in one or more of the following areas: coffee processing or agronomy; business or cooperative management; SME development; agriculture; training; extension services.
- Demonstrated good understanding of the Kenya coffee industry and especially the cooperatives sector.
- Demonstrated experience of training smallholder farmers through a structured methodology.
- Strong planning skills and ability to generate innovative solutions in highly dynamic work situations.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present well-written, cohesive analyses and reports.
- Strong interpersonal, collaborative and cross-cultural skills.
- Willingness to be based in the project implementation sites located in rural areas.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Valid driving licence.
How to ApplyPlease submit your application (by email only) to email@example.com with the position title placed in the subject line. Please include
- Cover letter describing your interest
- Curriculum Vitae,
- Salary history
- Telephone contacts of three professional referees.