Marine Engineer Vacancies Kenya 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to email@example.com
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Mining Jobs in Kenya
Our client a multinational leading Engineering company in EAST Afrıca.
Marine Engineer Job Purpose
- Responsible for the design and repair of seagoing vessels and structures, focusing primarily on their internal systems.
- Design the onboard electrical, environmental and propulsion systems aboard everything from oil platforms.
- Responsible for the safe implementation of all early works construction activities on the relevant island.
- Management of all site activities with on island Company representative, including HSE, Field Engineering,
- Quality, Logistics personnel and contractors, ensuring adherence to safety, quality, schedule and cost.
- Responsible for the overall successful completion of the island early civil works and TCCF works.
- Budget (Operating / Capital):
Marine Engineer Job Responsibilities
- Act as Company principal during implementation of all early construction works including
- Manage, encourage and motivate engineering and construction personnel to ensure optimum
performance per individual.
- Chair internal weekly progress meetings with multi-disciplined site team members.
and interfaces across all site work-fronts.
- Review and advise in conjunction with Field Engineering Team Lead, acceptability of contractor multi discipline design submittals to meet contract requirements and interact as necessary with project engineering/construction team representatives based on and offshore.
- Monitor progress and performance of the construction contractors to ensure that they perform safely and to the approved schedule, specifications, standards, quality processes and best practices.
- Co-ordinate engineering/construction activities with project Early Works Construction Manager and provide appropriate support to the construction island team members.
- Liaise with relevant departments and company management to ensure proper co-ordination of contractor site activities. Advise and/or instruct contractors on the required safety procedures/measures applicable to the work site.
- Attend safety meetings with contractors and encourage good performance (including attitudes & behaviours) & act as “Safety Champion” in achieving project & company HSES expectations.
implement audit programme on contractor performance in accordance with PEP.
- Review i monitor daily progress / resources / manhour expenditure and other related matters/items as defined in the scope of work
- Co-ordinate / approve movement of resources and contractor team’s from one work site to
another within the confines of the islands
- Approve engineering/construction works variation requests via management of change process and notify changes to EW Construction Manager.
- Approve contractors construction work methodology , sequence and plans
- Report to EW Construction Manager on all construction works and forecast completions or areas of concern.
- Co-ordinate with site management all necessary work permits and site safety training requirements
- Witness testing of all project related equipment and major packages at site before installation
- Ensure all Punch List items are closed prior to handover of construction works.
- Daily contact with relevant department and site management for co-ordination of work and progress reporting.
- Chair/participate in meetings with site contractor/engineering teams.
- Harness good team building skills across both project personnel and contractors.
- Daily contact with contractors at site to ensure safe execution and scheduled progress of the works.
- lndependence of Operations and Decision-making Authority:
- Work according to approved plans, schedules, and specifications, technical, professional standards and best practices.
- identify most effective way of completing assignments, showing initiative and able to set priorities in line with execution schedule.
- Manage Company field engineering and construction teams to ensure effective supervision of contractor construction team
Qualifications For Marine Engineer Job
Education & Language Skills
- Minimum University Degree in Marine /civil Engineering
- Fluent English (written & verbal)
- Professional Expertise
- Preferably 15 years of retail experience in similar position
- Result oriented and have a positive attitude
- Ability to solve problems, organize and plan
- Ability to work in a multinational/multicultural environment