Ministry of Devolution and Planning Job Vacancy in Kenya : Recruitment of a Communications Agency
Republic of Kenya
Ministry of Devolution and Planning
Request for Expression of Interest for the Recruitment of a Communications Agency
Mandate of the Ministry
The Ministry of Devolution and Planning, through the Executive Order No. 2 of May 2013, is mandated to facilitate and coordinate the national development planning process, oversee the implementation of Kenya’s development blueprint (Vision 2030), and provide leadership in the implementation of economic policies, under the Medium Term Plan II (2013-2017).
Further the Ministry is responsible for steering the devolution process; addressing the challenges of Arid and Semi-Arid Lands; ensuring an efficient and effective public service; providing an efficient disaster and emergency response; and overseeing the implementation of progressive policies that would promote gender equality and inclusion of the youth.
To be able to communicate and engage the public along the whole spectrum of the mandate, the Ministry has identified the need to recruit a consulting firm to assist in developing a communications and public engagement strategy.
The purpose of this call is to invite firms with expertise in communications and public engagement to support the Ministry in developing and delivering a comprehensive communications and public engagement strategy.
Objectives of the Consultancy
The consultancy will achieve the following:
- Develop a comprehensive Communications and Public Engagement Strategy;
- Implement a sustained programme of public engagement and communication support on the ministry’s programmes and policies;
- Manage the Ministry’s public image and outlook.
The firm/agency should demonstrate the capability to unpack the Ministry’s mandate and objectives outlined above into a comprehensive programme that will deliver results in the most effective, efficient and innovative manner.
In addition, the agency should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Good working knowledge of the media, this should include evidence of mobilizing all forms of media engagement around a project.
- Ability to develop and utilise creative communication tools.
- Evidence of developing and implementing similar government communications and public engagement strategies, including an understanding of policy formulation, knowledge of key players and experience in advocacy work would be a key advantage.
To qualify for shortlisting the firm must:
- Be registered in Kenya.
- Have more than five years’ experience in Public Relations and Communications.
- Provide statutory registration documents i.e. copies of PIN, VAT, Certificate of Incorporation /Registration.
- Indicate a physical address and a telephone contact.
- Demonstrate financial capacity.
- Have an experience of working for Government/Public Sector.
- The lead consultant must be well versed with government communications, public affairs and advocacy work.
- Produce evidence of previous work done on government communications.
- Quote a specific issue where communication support has been provided to government/public sector.
- Provide evidence of working with other similar large government, public sector or donor organizations in the last three years.
The lead consultant must have the following qualifications:
i. Post graduate qualifications in communication or journalism.
ii. Provide copy of CV
The Expression of Interest Documents in plain sealed envelopes should be addressed to:-
The Principal Secretary, Planning
Ministry of Devolution and Planning
National Treasury Building
P. O. Box 30005-00100 GPO
And be deposited in the Tender Box situated on 9th Floor of the same building, so as to be received on or before 30th December, 2013, at 10.00 a.m.
Bids submitted after closing date and time will not be accepted.
Request for Proposal (RFP) documents will be issued thereafter to shortlisted firms only.