Monitoring & Evalutaion Jobs Kenya (149-190K) 2017
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: NGO Jobs in Kenya
Job Title: Monitoring, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Specialist
Reports to: Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor
Budget responsibility: TBC
Contract Length 2 years
Salary: KES 149,600.00– 190,024.00
East Africa is a very diverse region, home to over 170 million people, out of which at least twenty million live in extreme and chronic poverty. When a crisis happens, these are the people who are most affected.
The Humanitarian Leadership Academy is a new global start-up networked organization whose mission is to enable people around the world to prepare for and respond to crises in their own countries.
By having an Academy Centre which focuses on skills for effective and efficient humanitarian response, we aim to enable people to be better prepared when disasters strike.
The Kenya Academy Center works with organizations from across the not-for-profit, public, technology industry, private sector and universities to help local communities across in East Africa to become more resilient in the face of disaster by promoting and developing existing and new humanitarian preparedness and response focused learning and development opportunities.
The Job holder will work under the Learning and Knowledge Advisor to set up and manage the Kenya Academy Centre (KAC) Monitoring and Evaluation systems, procedures and strategies.
S/he will also be expected to contribute to the building of KAC partners’ capacity to track progress and document lessons relating to implementation of programmes, with specific focus being paid to learning, knowledge management and innovations for the humanitarian sector in Kenya and other countries in the East African Region.
The post-holder will accordingly undertake project and program monitoring, ensuring that partner and donor goals and plans are in sync with those of the academy.
Responsibilities for the Monitoring, Accountability & Learning Specialist
- Work under the supervision of the Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor, and with other Kenya Academy Centre colleagues to develop, implement and maintain monitoring, accountability and evaluation systems for the Kenya Academy Centre.
- Provide training and support for relevant program staff in the use and implementation of MEAL framework; conduct rapid assessments and trend analyses of field-based programs to ensure that progress is routinely monitored;
- In collaboration with the programme team and GAO colleagues to develop suitable monitoring indicators and to apply these with a view to producing appropriate reports (and analyses) on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis or as may be required for the efficient tracking of progress;
- Develop and implement monitoring checklists and conduct quarterly joint field process monitoring, quality assessment and data validation, and provide feedback and recommendations for timely improvement.
- Together with the Learning and Knowledge Management Advisor, undertake accountability activities, including the development and use of information sharing materials and the establishment of complaint response mechanisms and ensuring that complaints are logged and addressed in a professional and timely manner and that serious complaints relating to abuse, exploitation and corruption and referred appropriately.
- Utilize the Global Reporting Framework to establish a local MEAL framework with partners
- Operationalizing the Global MEAL framework and aligning Kenya Academy center to our global approach
- Alongside Partnership Advisor, develop a Partner Performance Measurement Framework
- Organize feedback forums with stakeholders
- Undertake any other tasks which is incidental or complementary to MEAL as may from time to time be required by the supervisor or Academy Centre Director.
- Promote learning in the project, particularly on issues of program quality. Regularly analyze data and produce reports on best practices and case studies
- Ensure that necessary reporting components are lined up in advance of report deadlines and responsible persons are followed up on the schedule,
- Compile and provides analytical output level inputs to program technical reports,
- Strong demonstrated analytical skills
- Ability to write clear and well-argued reports
- Strong knowledge of the MS office pack.
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
Qualifications for the Monitoring & Accountability Specialist
- Minimum education to BSc/BA level in a relevant subject or equivalent field
- Master’s degree in an area of social development or equivalent will be an added advantage.
- At least five (5) years of experience of working nationally or internationally in humanitarian programmes
- Experience in the design, development, implementation and evaluation of humanitarian and/or development programmes with capacity building components
- Significant experience of undertaking a MEAL related role in a humanitarian context
- Knowledge of MEAL tools preferred (M&E framework, analysis plans, quality standards etc.) Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Demonstrated strong monitoring and evaluation skills, including planning/participating in evaluations
- Experience of training and capacity building
- Knowledge of consortia working
How to Apply
We are looking for people who not only have the required skills and experience but who also fit our culture, based on our organizational values. Applicants for the position should also have the right to work in Kenya.