New Job Opportunity at Co-operative Bank of Kenya (2017 Jobs)
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
You are brilliant, you drive results in a big way and you get things done. You are self-driven and have great follow-through. You have cultivated your technical and soft skills and established a respect for business analysis, software development and the importance of data in informing business decisions. You are highly analytical with a keen interest in Technical Business Analysis. Does this sound like you? If yes, then look no further; Co-operative Bank of Kenya, “The Kingdom Bank” is the ideal place for you, here, you will find growth opportunities at every step of your career.
We have an exciting opportunity for Technical Business Analyst to join our Business Change Management team, responsible for IT planning and Business/Process Analysis & Design. Reporting to the Head – Business Change Management, the role holder will be responsible for providing detailed functional & technical analysis of business requirements as well as providing IT solutions approach by building software and integration specifications to ensure they are in line with the enterprise architectural plan in collaboration with enterprise architects, application architects and data architects. The role holder will be charged with responsibility of providing input to the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximize return on technology investment.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Solution Analysis: Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems specifications. Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation. Identify major business-related dependencies that affect the delivery of the proposed IT system. Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly.
- System Design: Specify and designs large or complex systems. Select appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively. Evaluate and undertake impact analysis on major design options and assess and manage associated risks.
- Analyze business processes; identify alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contribute to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program. Help establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the systems and business process.
- Provide support to users and coordinate with IT staff to help review and provide input to the design of the IT system from the business perspective, resolve issues/conflicts among stakeholders, help organize comprehensive and quality UAT through assisting users in developing test cases, and help organize training with the aim of ensuring the deployed IT system is capable of meeting business needs and requirements as well as realizing the anticipated benefits.
- Assist users and Business Process Analyst in identifying business problems, needs and functions, understand stakeholders’ concerns and requirements identify improvement opportunities, and contribute business input for developing the business case for the IT system development project.
- Plan the scope, schedule and approach for performing the activities related to business analysis for the IT system development project, monitor the progress, coordinate with the Internal PM and report to Project Assurance Team or Project Steering Committee on changes, risks and issues wherever appropriate.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of specific technical specialism, and provides expert advice regarding their application. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or communication technology, technique, method, and product or application area.
Skills, Competencies and Experience
The successful candidate will be required to have the following skills and competencies:
- BSC in Computer Science, Information Technology and/or related fields as well as Project management or Business analysis professional training.
- At least 5 years overall experience in a busy IT environment encompassing at least 2 years’ professional experience in software development and at least 1 year in business analysis and/or project management.
- Solid grasp of design patterns and principles, particularly Object-Oriented Design (OOD), Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Event-Driven Architecture (EDA).
- Excellent software development skills – Java, Spring framework, JBoss, Websphere Application Server, C#, Oracle databases, SQL server, DevOps, SOA/ESB, Cloud based solutions, Android, REST, XML/RPC, CORBA, PHP, Python, Business process management (BPM) & Business Rules Management (BRM).
- Experience on systems like Mobile money transfer, USSD/SMS, ERP, CRM, Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and other systems in a financial services ecosystem will be an added advantage.
- A wild duck – out of the box thinker, Logical, analytical and investigative mind, as well as creative abilities with high level of mathematical aptitude and strong problem-solving skills.
- Entrepreneurial flair with strong business acumen and excellent communication skills. Is influencing and results-oriented.
How to Apply
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to [email protected] indicating the job reference number TBA/COO/2016 by 18th January, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.