Population Services International Job Vacancy in Kenya : Country Representative
Be Part of Something Powerful and Different
We’re Population Services International (better known as ‘PSI’), a global health non-profit. We aim to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy and plan their families by marketing affordable health products and services (think mosquito nets, condoms, HIV testing and more). We believe in markets to contribute to sustained improvements in the lives of the poor; results and a focus on measurement; speed and efficiency with a predisposition to action; decentralization and empowering our staff at the local level; and a long term commitment to the people we serve. We are a $560m enterprise based in Washington, DC, operating in the private and public sectors in more than 60 countries. Check out www.psi.org for more on what gets us out of bed in the morning.
A BIT ABOUT OUR PARTNER, PS KENYA
Population Services Kenya, or PS Kenya, is the largest Kenyan NGO working in the health sector. As of January 2014, PSI’s interventions in Kenya were transitioned to PS Kenya – a financially independent entity actively participating in the PSI network. Less a ‘birth’ of a new local entity, the transition represents the healthy evolution of a strong affiliate organization of PSI. PS Kenya is supported by an experienced Board of Directors, which forms the governance structure of the organization. A strong, experienced, and highly capable leadership and management team drive some of the most innovative programs in the PSI world.
PS Kenya is an active member of the PSI Network. That participation will drive access to funding, innovation through access to learning, importation of best practices, and cross fertilization of new approaches. A connection to PSI affiliates in other countries will introduce the PS Kenya team to new health areas and models responding to evolving health markets – ensuring programs are equipped to meet the ever evolving needs of Kenya. And cross fertilization will continue to occur through visits to other programs, participation in regional retreats and functionally specific support networks.
PS Kenya is a leader in health marketing , with a robust portfolio of interventions in the health areas of HIV, RH & FP, Malaria, and Child survival. In 2014 the program will launch interventions in TB, fever management including rapid diagnostics for malaria, and safe delivery. Nascent WASH programs will scale, and will launch marketing initiatives supporting the country’s largest insurance provider – dramatically increasing informed demand and access to health financing for poor Kenyans. The program supports a dynamic franchise, Tunza, which is a leading clinical network in Africa as measured by the scale of reach, and diversity of the scope of services supported. In 2014, PS Kenya will consolidate an integrated package of support for the franchise, ranging from business advisory services, to pooled purchasing, to scaling financing products targeting providers, to support for an association of franchisors. Detailing programs extend to reach lower level providers such as pharmacies and chemists. Market facilitation approaches will be rolled out supporting malaria RDTs, a point of use safe water product, and sanitation. The future of PSI is here.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR: Check your ego at the door, your job title means nothing. Your success will come from building confidence and trust through the tangible value you bring to an exceptional team; value that ranges across diverse technical and functional areas. Your success will be measured by the performance of the individuals, teams, and projects you support, your legacy by the lasting impact of the programs that thrive beyond the day you leave Kenya.
- Support the execution and roll out of strategy, working with teams to ensure current and future programs are in line with that strategy – and the strategy is in line with the future of PS Kenya;
- Support programmatic strategy development, through participation (ranging from facilitation to active participant) in DELTA (marketing) planning sessions, health strategic plans, and development of sustainability strategies;
- Improve the way in which high quality data and evidence drives programmatic decisions;
- Maximize the quality of PS Kenya programs, as defined by minimum standards, and global marketing best practices. You will add value, in targeted technical support and areas of marketing, franchising & service delivery, health financing, and business support services. Informed demand by teams will drive your input, and where and how you add value;
- Serve as CoP equivalent for DFID funded projects, accountable for the results delivered through one of PSI, and PS Kenya’s, leading donors;
- Co-lead fundraising initiatives, with a role ranging from development of strategies mapping out high potential opportunities that fall within strategic priorities, to leading proposal development, to supporting management teams on specific initiatives;
- Be a thought leader on the PS Kenya team, identifying, prioritizing, then operationalizing sustainability strategies that range from improved cost recovery of social marketing interventions, co-leading projects, engaging market facilitation approaches, to improving nontraditional revenue streams, such as fee generation of clinics participating in the Tunza network;
- Connect PS Kenya teams with the product offering of PSI, prioritizing, planning, and identifying key areas of support, and with PSI Global Services teams, determining how that support can be delivered;
- Improve performance of the senior management team, focusing on initiatives that improve the performance of PS Kenya leaders – and therefore the health impact the organization delivers;
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the PS Kenya Board of Directors, teams, and PSI Global Services;
- Oversee sub awards from PSI to PS Kenya, coordinating closely with teams in DC to ensure processes, systems, and procedures are in place, and that deliverables of PS Kenya are in line with contracts supporting them.
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR. IS THIS YOU?
‘Street Cred.’ You have 8-10+ years’ experience generating tangible results in the marketing sector (private or social marketing), including substantial experience in a variety of developing world settings.
Flexible Change Agent. You are a proactive leader who catalyzes innovation by both leading and working through others.
Fire in the Belly. You bring energy and passion to what you do, and you willingly and energetically own your profit and loss objectives.
Humility. You realize what you don’t know is a lot more than what you know, and you don’t care who gets credit for real progress. Confidence means you desire results over external recognition. You relish the challenge of driving change in a limited resource environment.
Curious. You’re an information sponge and understand what worked yesterday won’t necessarily work today (or tomorrow), that each context is different, even funky.
Analytical. You know your way around a calculator, have a thorough knowledge of consumer and market research, and can speak in cost accounting terms.
Simplify. You quickly distill complexity to essential and simple concepts and approaches.
Ying and Yang. You have an inherent restlessness to achieve real results, but are not easily frustrated when they don’t happen on your timeline.
Where else would you rather be? Send us a note sharing why you fit the requirements above and how you can contribute.
How to Apply
|Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here|
Similar Jobs Below
How to Apply - Mobile User
|Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here|