Sales and Marketing Manager Job 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: CDL
- Location: Nakuru, Nakuru County, Kenya
- State: Nakuru
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
Job Title: Sales and Marketing Manager – Kenya
Work Station: Nakuru
Reports to: General Manager
Direct Reports: Sales Capability Lead, Sales Administrator, Sales Consultants
- Internal – All Company staff, Directors
- External – Company clients & potential clients
The following are critical competences expected of you;
- Collaborate – Be supportive of colleagues, and offer help and advice when asked
- Convince and Persuade – Be able to state facts clearly and make logical arguments
- Hold to Account – Be aware of and aim for high standards of performance
- Understand self and others – Have awareness of own behavior and how this can impact on others
- Develop self and others – Be positive towards others, giving constructive feedback. Be aware of own development needs and take responsibility to improve them
- Lead and Inspire – Listen to others’ ideas and participate effectively in team working
- Commercial insight – Use available information to learn, consult others and ask questions
- Entrepreneurial Drive – Be enthusiastic, organized and complete tasks effectively
- Initiative – Take action quickly and decisively
- Passion for customers – Follow up on customer enquiries, requests or complaints and keep customers informed of progress
- Strategic Thinking – Be straightforward and practical in approach and use previous experience to resolve new challenges
- Courage – Be able to carry out tasks without the need for supervision, and able to build client’s trust and confidence in the service delivered
Nature and Purpose: As the Sales Manager, you will be responsible for consolidating the country’s business and also develop new business sales opportunities through consumer direct initiatives for the full range of Rentokil Initial products and services.
You will lead a team of sales consultants to maximize on all sales opportunities, and to proactively create new markets and achieve the set sales targets and business KPIs.
A strong focus will be on developing and managing relationships with industry partners and working with them on business growth opportunities beneficial to all parties.
As part of the Leadership team, you will play a key role in the development and implementation of Rentokil Initial (K) Ltd business growth plan, developing, formulating and implementing key sales strategies and providing insight into key strategic thrusts that will ensure the business attains a competitive advantage in the market, and remains on track on its agenda for growth and performance.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results through the sales team by developing the team through motivation, counselling, skills development and product and service knowledge development.
- Manage the sales administration function, operational performance reporting, streamlining processes and systems wherever possible, and advising senior management on maximising business relationships and creating an environment where customer service can flourish.
- Responsible for managing the sales team, driving team’s productivity in order to meet agreed individual sales targets, and promoting the organisation’s presence throughout Kenya and remote support occasionally to Uganda
- Assist in the development of the annual marketing plan, specifically advising on: realistic forecasts for each product/service and territory (based on historical data, market trends, competitive activity, promotional strategy and sales effort), realistic costs of operating the sales force; budget on new product launches and sales promotion program plans.
- Ensure that all sales consultant activities are in accordance with the guidelines of the Sales Policy and Company Code of Conduct.
- Responsible for the planning, recruitment, direction, organisation and guidance of sales and marketing consultants to accomplish the sales targets.
- Responsible for monitoring the performance of the sales team through the support of Capability Lead by maintain a system of reviews, reports, infield coaching and communications involving sales reports, cyclical sales meetings, sales newsletters and bulletins as may be needed.
- Plan for and oversee execution of the company Sales Performance Appraisal system that elaborately describes the performance standards for each member of the sales team, oversee setting of individual territory sales and commission targets, and administer the Sales and commissions policy.
- Provide and oversee high standards of ongoing training for the Sales representatives so that they possess sufficient technical knowledge to present information on the company’s products and services in an accurate and professional manner.
- Take lead responsibility for the management of National and other major Key Accounts to assure a lasting professional relationship with the clients and drive business growth from the key customer’s portfolio
- Supervise and manage the marketing function by guiding the Marketing Officer responsibilities
- Develop annual sales and marketing strategies, and monitor to ensure successful implementation
- Lead in collating and providing insightful market intelligence and research relating to competition, carrying out high level SWOT analysis of Company market environment and tipping senior management on opportunities available and approaches to adopt in efforts to maintain a competitive edge
- Meet marketing and sales financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Identify marketing opportunities by mapping out consumer requirements; defining market, competitor’s share, and competitor’s strengths and weaknesses; forecasting projected business; establishing targeted market share.
- Proactively drive debt collection through active involvement of sales colleagues in the process. Liaise with the Credit Manager and credit controllers to gather information on the credit status of all customers and facilitate collection
- Maintain sound systems to manage the business sales pipeline process and tracking in order to measure success rate in conversion.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Minimum degree in a business field acquired from a reputable university.
- A diploma course in sales and marketing
- Member of the local Marketing professional body.
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in sales and team management and business development gained preferably from a service environment
- Good customer service and public relations skills
- Effective hands-on manager able to lead a team of not less than 10 staff
- Result oriented, energetic go getter ready to face new challenges
- Ability to travel to the branch network and to meet out of town key customers occasionally.
- A good business understanding of the country and the East Africa regions.
- Good communication skills, superior computer skills and driving experience of over 5 years. • Ability to grow to a regional position in the next 3 years
- Aged between 38 to 45 years. Mature and settled.