School Human Resource Manager Job 2017
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Kenya
- Develop and implement our client’s HR strategy in line with the institutions’ vision and strategic objectives.
- Develop our client’s talent strategy in consultation and collaboration with key departments.
- Undertake human resource planning to ensure that the institution is able to anticipate future needs and address current demands.
- Ensure that our client develops a coaching and mentoring culture.
- Serve as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting policies and practices, administering contracts and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Provide strategic input on various HR challenges including restructuring, organisational realignment, staff terminations and grievance/disciplinary matters based on best in class HR practices.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Identify staff vacancies and recruit, interview and select applicants.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of staff relating to employment, learning and development, compensation, and employee relations.
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Prepare and follow budgets for personnel operations.
- Maintain records and compile regular statistical and analytical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development programmes.
- Conduct exit interviews to identify reasons for employee termination.
- Allocate human resources, ensuring appropriate matches between personnel.
- Personnel management
- Contract management
- Recruitment and selection
- Performance management
- Engagement score of between 75- 80%
- Company personnel policies are adhered to
- Staff are fully aware of HR procedures in the school
- Reports are submitted on a regular basis
- HR data is managed and easily retrievable
- Staff files are updated
- Terms of employee contracts are adhered to by both parties to the contract
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management
- Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent
- Member of the Institute of Human Resource Management, Kenya
- Strategic Human resource management skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively use office automation tools (MS Office suite)
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills in both English/Kiswahili
- Time management skills
- Demonstrated high level of EQ and SQ
- Commercial awareness – clear understanding of how human resource management supports strategic aspirations
- 6 years of relevant and progressive work experience, 2 of which should be in a supervisory role.
- Experience in a service organisation will be an added advantage.
- Ability to engage effectively with a diverse range of people in a professional, discreet and assertive manner
- Undoubted integrity and professionalism
How to Apply
Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by clicking on: HR Manager
Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your resume.