Social Services Director Jobs At Kirinyaga County In Kenya
Pursuant to the constitution of Kenya 2010 (Articles 185(2) (186 (1) and 187 (2) on distribution of functions between the National Government and the County Government’s Act No.17 of 2012:- The County Government of Kirinyaga invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following vacant positions:
Director Social Services – 1 Post
Job Ref: KCPSB/DSS/02/08/01/2016
Job Group: R
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable/Contract
The Director Social Services will be responsible to the chief officer Culture and Social services.
Social Services Director Job Responsibilities In Kenya
- Organization, direction, control and co-ordination of the functions of social services delivery in the County.
- Developing appropriate county departmental policies, legal and institutional frameworks for the implementation of the mandate of social services department.
- Interpreting and applying National and County laws and other related statutes in line with the county goals and objectives.
- To facilitate development of a planning framework for the department and ensure efficient coordination with partners and stakeholders in the sector.
- Ensure timely implementation of county activities as directed by the Chief Officer.
- Implement monitoring and evaluation systems for the department.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned from time to time by the chief officer.
Requirements For Social Services Director Jobs In Kenya
- Be a holder of at least a bachelors degree in Anthropology, Sociology or any other related degree from a recognized University.
- A Master degree in relevant field will be an added advantage.
- Have relevant knowledge and experience of not less than ten (10) years, in management position either in Public Service or Private Sector.
- Demonstrate a high degree of professional and technical competence as reflected in work performance and results.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of devolution, the County development objectives and Vision 2030.
- Be a strategic thinker and result oriented.
- Satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 on leadership and integrity.