Manager Africa And Middle East Regional Reporting -Finance Shared Service Centre Jobs at Stanchart Bank, Kenya
- Guidance on matters relating to Management Accounting, Analysis & Reporting, cost and revenue allocation.
- To fulfil geographical and functional Management reporting responsibilities for the Region.
- Analysis of various cost types to ensure complete clarity and consistent application on certain costs
- Compliance with GFD requirements in terms of reporting
- Work constructively with others (Standard Reporting, Analytics & Decision Support, and Data Quality & Assurance teams) to create synergies and develop opportunities within the Performance Management team.
- Ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities and timely resolution of risk issues.
Finance Job Key Roles and Responsibilities in Kenya
Monthly MIS Reporting for Africa and Middle East
Primarily responsible for accurate and timely MIS reporting for Africa & Middle East by provision of the following monthly reports;
- Commentary supporting the Regional flash cost (P&L) Reports.
- Monthly Africa and Middle East cost tracking and analysis by segment/function, account-line and country
- Africa & Middle East Cost efficiency, initiatives and investments tracking
- Finance and CEO costs monthly tracking and variance analysis against Budget / Forecast
- Commentary supporting movements and variances in Finance, CEO costs
- Other Banking for Africa – detailed review and analysis month on month.
- Ad-hoc issues as directed by Cost team A&M and Head performance management Africa.
End month reporting Process for unit.
Primarily responsible for the end of month Reporting Processes for unit 132.
- Journal review and Approvals
- Review of Unit 132 GL costs
- Review and resolving of mapping issues in GL
- Cost Centre ownership and changes through GOLF
- Delegation of Authority changes – working with Africa Finance Systems.
- CBRs/SODA tracking for Unit 132 – working with APU & FSSC Chennai Unit 132 support team
- FCS – Account Balance Substantiation review and approval.
- FCS – Account Balance Confirmation review and approval.
- PCS Submission Level 1 & 2 review and approval.
- IFRS Level 1 & 2 review and approval
- T1 journals review and approval
- Other Banking Pack review and approval
- Adhoc Queries from Group and other stake holders
Budget and Forecasting process/Planning
- Support Africa & Middle East budget and forecast process, communicating effectively to involved stakeholders on the expectations
- Validate the budget/forecast data before it is submitted
- Africa Finance Operations/Finance/CEO cost budgeting and forecasting
- Provide support to other performance management segments which include Standard reporting, Analytics & Decision support, and Data quality & assurance
- Proactively communicate with the FORM on operational risk issues. Escalate significant events to FORM as appropriate.
- Undertake and/or coordinate periodic business monitoring (self assessment) activities within the business unit and escalate findings or breaches to FORM
- Ensure that all processes and procedures within the unit are properly documented and continuously updated in DOIs and Process flows
- FSSC Department Continuity Coordinator
Qualifications and Skills for Finance Jobs in Kenya
- University degree in Finance/Economics and/or Professional accounting qualification such as ACCA, CA, CPA or equivalent and a minimum of three years post qualification experience preferably in a financial institution
- High level literacy in IT and proficiency in automated MIS systems
- Good experience in financial, management and group reporting within financial institutions background
- Strong knowledge in management accounting principles
- Strong analytical skill and an eye for detail
- Good interpersonal and communications skills. Able to work in a team environment and relate with senior management