TechnoServe Food Technologist Job 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Kenya
Duma Works is recruiting a Food Technologist for our client, TechnoServe in Nairobi.
TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
The Food Technologist will establish relationships with food processors and industry stakeholders to support technology transfer and building their capacity to meet compliance standards for fortification.
The Food Technologist will proactively review, make recommendations and report on programmatic activities to deliver TechnoServe’s strategic plan for Food Fortification in their country and as part of the broader regional program.
- Represent TNS at the country level, meeting with potential partners and stakeholders: processing company directors and production managers, government institutions and regulators, technical industry experts, service providers and universities, complimentary programs, NGOs and related agencies.
- Identify, review and select prospective companies for program support, familiarize them with the program offering and expectation for all participating partners.
- Work with selected companies to identify their challenges to adequate fortification compliance, design project charters to address these challenges and work with program partners to facilitate the appropriate technology and knowledge transfer in support of the assisted food companies.
- Identify common fortification industry weaknesses and support the design and delivery of sector wide training workshops to strengthen these gaps.
- Review, monitor, and report on all programmatic activities including periodic progress, and financial reports, ensuring strict compliance with TNS’s objectives, strategies, policies and procedures. Make appropriate recommendations on the implementation plan.
- Assist the Regional Program Director and management unit in timely tracking of country expenditures, budget management and forecasting, HR recruiting and country staff management, monitoring and evaluation of program results and the development of country work plans.
- Represent the country activities through reports, presentations, hosting of leadership, donor or stakeholder site visits and other communications as required.
- The Food Technologist will report directly to the Regional Program Director on strategic issues related to work planning, targets, budgets, staff and program delivery.
- The Food Technologist will receive technical oversight and support from the Regional Program Director with respects to training and technology transfer to assisted companies.
- Country Director— to align with country objectives, administrative and compliance requirements and to receive support and assistance from the local office as required.
- Regional M&E manager to facilitate data capture and reporting.
- Regional program accountant to reconcile program expenses, budget tracking and prepare for upcoming expenses.
- Food processing experience, preferably in staple foods with an understanding of fortification technology.
- Strong project management and strategic thinking abilities.
- Analytical mind and commitment to quality; rigorous approach with a high level of attention to detail.
- Proven ability to work in an environment requiring collaboration with the private sector, government, and national and international organizations.
- Strong negotiation and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Flexible, proactive, goal-oriented and with a willingness to travel in challenging environments.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to use initiative, prioritize, multi-task, and work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Clear and systematic thinking that demonstrates good judgment, problem solving, and creativity.
- At least 5 years of experience in developing and managing projects, preferably in the design, implementation and monitoring and evaluation of PPP programs in developing countries.
- Experience in working with financial and project management systems.
- Experience of working in the food industry in Africa will be an advantage.
- Degree in Food Technology, Nutrition, Business Administration or related fields. Masters preferred
- Computer literacy with excellent Excel, MS word, Outlook, and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent command of spoken and written English is essential
- Working knowledge of Swahili is highly desirable
- Ability and willingness to travel both locally and abroad