Tullow Job Vacancy in Kenya : Technical Assistant
Early exploration results indicate that there could possibly be future commercialisation of Kenya’s Northern oil resources. In order to be successful, ongoing exploration and appraisal activities combined with future development planning will require unfettered access to land within Tullow’s acreage.
Appropriately managing ongoing access to land in a responsible and timely manner is a critical activity for both operations and social performance.
- In cooperation with legal provide input into national legislative and regulatory frameworks as they pertain to community land and access for oil industry activities.
- In cooperation with key functions, develop an integrated Tullow Oil Kenya Land Access Framework which accounts for (but not necessarily limited to):
- National legislation and regulation
- Local County procedures
- International standards
- Land tenure and land use rights
- Public disclosure and consultation
- Valuation and compensation
- Economic and physical displacement
- Cultural Heritage
- Spatial services
- In cooperation with the Environmental team, input into the scoping and review of Environmental & Social Impact Assessments (and associated management plans) to ensure matters associated with land access and / or acquisition are appropriately accounted for.
- Provide technical land management input into the design, development and implementation of the Borealis Information Management System.
- Cooperate with Tullow Oil GIS to ensure the effective integration of land issues into spatial services to inform engineering design.
- Coordinate the Tullow Oil Kenya Land Access taskforce and ensure agreed actions are executed in a timely fashion.
- As requested, support the site based Social Performance & EHS teams in executing stakeholder and community consultation activities in accordance with regulatory and IFC requirements for stakeholder relationship management.
- Support the timely resolution of stakeholder and community grievances, particularly where this involves issues pertaining to land grievances.
- Represent Tullow Kenya at key engagements as requested
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a land based role (surveying, town / rural planning and infrastructure development).
- Strong track record in building successful relationships and securing alignment between multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in relationship management, negotiations, and conflict resolution.
- Solid understanding of international best practice/standards in this area. Particularly as they pertain to land access & acquisition, economic and physical displacement
- Extensive experience in the application of national and local land legislation / regulations and procedures.
- Heightened appreciation of the social, cultural and environmental aspects of land access and management.
- Proven track record of planning.
- Ability to translate complex information into strong, easily delivered messages, including the ability to influence, inspire confidence and build trust at all levels.
- Proven ability to manage complex matters in a transparent and inclusive fashion.
- Ability to integrate land issues into business and project planning as required.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to manage conflict situations including conflict resolution and analysis.
How to Apply
Tausi Court, 3rd Floor, along Tausi Road,
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Closing date: 30th August 2013