Donor Relations & Fundraising Unit Officer Employment At ACTED In Kenya
ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world-wide and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its headquarters in France.
REACH was born in 2010 as a joint initiative of two INGOs (IMPACT Initiatives and ACTED) and the United Nations Institute for Training and Research (UNITAR) Operational Satellite Applications Programme (UNOSAT).
ACTED is looking for experienced self-driven and self-oriented professional to fill the following posts;
Donor Relations and Fundraising Unit Officer
Donor Relations & Fundraising Unit Officer Job Responsibilities
Under the authority of the Head of Donor Relations and Fundraising Unit, her/his specific duties will include:
Project Cycle Management and Reporting
- Work closely with the Department Head to develop and implement project cycle management;
- Train the staff to use the PCM guide and related tools and procedures, and notably follow up the implementation of the Project Management framework (PMF, ACTED PCM Tool) for all projects
- Set up a Resource Centre at the capital office regularly updated with appropriate and relevant external and internal resources.
- Diffuse information to other internal stakeholders through the intranet and the regional office
Proposal Development and External Relations and Donor Strategy
- Work closely with the Dep Head to develop a comprehensive and coherent fundraising strategy for ACTED.
- Act as point of contact for all Donor communication, including the organization of and hosting of Donor visits in the field for projects s/he is in charge of.
- Ensure continuum of PR activities, including formal presentations, engaging media for coverage on success stories, updating project specific and regional fact sheets, and documenting publications featuring ACTED in the media;
Qualifications For Donor Relations & Fundraising Unit Officer Job
- Master Level education in International Relations, Development Studies, Humanitarian Aid or a relevant field.
- Masters Level education or post graduate Diploma in Sociology is desirable
- 5+ years of solid experience in the Humanitarian Field, Donor Relations, Project Development, management and monitoring systems, preferably in INGOs are required.