Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) NGO Job Vacancy : Business Development Assistant
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) NGO
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
AAH Kenya is a country programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I), an African-led non-governmental organization that supports livelihood-challenged communities in East and Southern Africa to sustainably improve their well-being and standard of living.
With country programmes inSouth Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, Uganda, Zambia and recently in Djibouti, AAH-I has over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people and host communities.
More recently AAH-I has expanded its activities to work with other marginalized communities, including pastoralists and people living in informal urban settlements.
Job Summary: To play a central role in supporting innovative livelihoods initiatives to facilitate a broad based entrepreneurial mind-set and a new set of business development ideas among the PoCs in Kakuma Refugee Camp.
This will involve working with Business Development Officer and other project officers, partner organizations and PoC community in the camp.
- Key activities will involve support in coordination and mainstreaming of business development activities in the refugee camp.
- He/she will be tasked with supporting the Business Development Officer in coordinating the implementation of livelihood activities in the refugee camp.
- The business development Assistant will provide administrative and technical support to the overall institutional business plan and support individuals and business groups in the camp:
- Support to coordinate and grow the revolving fund within the context of the micro finance model, using best case studies
- Support with the establishment of a business centre model; complete with incubation unit.
- Provide appropriate documentation in respect of good case studies in collaboration with the project team UNHCR and DFID.
- Assist in organizing community mobilisation, sensitization/marketing and dialogue meetings.
- Identifying opportunities and innovative approaches to support livelihood business activities in the refugee camp.
- Enable individuals, groups and business associations and communities to identify needs and encourage involvement in livelihood business activities.
- Support the development of existing businesses, the establishment of business groups and the formation of community focused networks.
- Ensure that targets and work schedules are adhered to in order to achieve objectives, maintain appropriate documentation and prepare monthly activity and achievement reports.
- Perform any other functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the supervisor in order to meet the level of services in the organization.
- Diploma in Business Management, Microfinance, , Entrepreneurship, or relevant tertiary qualification in cooperative and Economic Development studies, and/or experience in related fields,
- Experience in community policy development & advice; facilitating, coordinating, and managing project plans.
- At least 3 years of progressive programming experience including understanding of and ability to promote empowering and developmental models in community work through highly effective communication skills
- Proven credibility, integrity and professionalism – demonstrates these characteristics at all times.
- Exercises sound judgment and political sensitivity – especially in relation to the community organisation, local governments etc.
- Project Management field experience.
- Knowledge and exposure to the social and cultural values of the region concerned.
- Proficiency in local language(s).
- A proven track record working well with the local community.
Skills & Competences
- Excellent communicational skills (written and spoken)
- Organisational and mobilization skills
- ICT specialty (email, Spread-sheets, MS-word, Databases, job-related software, etc.)
- Team-work and participation
- Level of self-supervision and ability to take initiative
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Good report-writing writing and reporting skill
- Commitment to and understanding of AAH-I’s vision, mission, and values.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected] to be received by 24th February, 2018.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-K is an equal-opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website.
Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.
AAH-K does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process nor does it use recruitment agents.