Action Africa Help – International Job Vacancy : Finance & Admin Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Action Africa Help – International
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Closing date: 25 May 2018AAH Kenya is recruiting a Finance and Administration Manager (FAM). S/he will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the Country Program Manager. The candidate will lead and develop the country team to support the following areas; finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources, administration and IT. The FAM will play a critical role in partnering with the senior management team (SMT) in strategic decision-making and operations of the Kenya programme of Action Africa Help International (AAH-I).
Finance & Admin Manager Job Responsibilities
- Analyse and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner, clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all AAH Kenya donors and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process; liaise with external auditors and the Finance and Administration Director (FAD).
- Coordinate all project audits within the AAH Kenya Program
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the FAD; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior Management team (SMT) abreast of the Country’s financial status.
- Manage AAH Kenya cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust financial management/reporting system; ensure that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance departments overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the AAH Kenya board of directors.
- Review of monthly bank reconciliations for all bank accounts (both AAH Kenya and AAH-I) to verify accuracy and compliance to policy.
- Management of the South Sudan gratuity fund
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations.
- Coordinate and liaise with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants for to ensure efficiency and transparency.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to AAH Kenya employees on key processes, tools, policies and procedures.
Qualifications for the Finance & Admin Manager Job
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Commerce.
- A Certified Accounting qualification (CPA-K, ACCA, CFA) with active membership.
- MBA/MSC is an added advantage.
Minimum relevant experience required
- At least 7 years’ of overall professional experience in financial and operations management.
- Ability to translate financial concepts to- and to effectively collaborate with – programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance back ground.
- A track record in grants management.
- Working Experience with different donors – DFID, USAID, EC
- Knowledge of various accounting and reporting software.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with ability to prioritize, negotiate and work with internal and external stakeholders.
- A multi tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and dedication to the mission of AAH Kenya.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should email application letter and CV (with 3 referees) addressed to [email protected] to be received by 25 May, 2018. The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for. AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
We thank candidates for their high interest in the opportunities we publish on our website. Due to the high number of applications we receive, we will only get back to shortlisted candidates.