Activation Operations Manager at Captivate Africa
- Company: Captivate Africa
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Captivate Africa is a dynamic advertising and media business in turnkey solutions to provide brand awareness. By encompassing their experience across a broad spectrum of industries, including print, signage, out of home and experiential marketing, they walk with clients hand in hand to provide a complete package, from concept to implementation.
Captivate Africa is looking for an Activation Operations Manager to lead the organization in ensuring quality execution of all product activations, outdoor advertising and client events.
The Activation Operations manager will be accountable for project management, plan, organize and implement operational strategies and programs. The Activation Manager will also help to define and collaborate effectively with internal and client marketing teams and with key business stakeholders to deliver high-quality execution and results.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Analyze and manage profitability.
- Ensure company profitability is above 30% per month.
2. Ensure quality execution of all promotions and distributions.
- All own units performing above standard including profitability.
- Ensure that quality assurance programs are in place to monitor all promotions and distributions.
3. Plan, organize and implement operational strategies and programs.
- Ensure quality promotions and distributions in all operational units in accordance with the company strategic plan.
- Ensure external and internal customers are receiving above standard service levels.
- Ensure that units are running at optimal capacity and that structures fit the job.
- Managing activation operations’ infrastructure.
- Project costing research, management of budgets; profitability vs. income, spend and reconciliation.
- Creative development and operational plans of BTL activities.
- Management of all external suppliers and vendors, venue sourcing, logistics management research and securing.
- Project research and strategic development.
- Creation and oversee the client report back compilations – SWOT analysis.
- Promotion co-ordination (both on and off-site), development and execution of brand activation plans.
- Identify process, procedure and workflow improvements and to assist in their implementation.
- Co-ordinating Consumer & Trade Activation through specific promotional activities & schemes.
- Collaborate effectively with internal and client marketing teams and with key business stakeholders to deliver high-quality execution and results.
- Excellent campaign management, planning, program development and measurement skills.
- The ability to manage multiple high priority projects simultaneously and respond to changing business requirements.
- Liaison with Insurance Broker to ensure that adequate cover is in place on a continual basis with all company and Client entrusted items.
4. Build strategic relationships and partnerships
- Ensure positive benefit from relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with other managers and staff to deliver on organizational goals.
- Client liaison at a strategic and executive level.
5. Day to day management of Consumer Operations department
- Manage human capital.
- Analyzing business conditions and reviewing operational systems.
- Reporting weekly and monthly to Managing Director.
- Ensure the department is achieving profitability objectives in the company.
6 Policy and process management
- Develop, implement and monitor operational controls and systems in line with company strategic plan.
- Review operational business processes and policies continue to ensure best practices.
- Adhere to legal and statutory requirements.
- Management of SLA agreements.
7 Human Capital &Talent Management
- In collaboration with Directors be responsible for recruitment and selection of Operational staff within the scope of company employment guidelines.
- Training and development of staff both operational and sales
- Assist Managing Director with maintaining an enthusiastic and motivated operations team.
- Ensuring discipline amongst subordinates and adherence to company Rules and Regulations.
- Performance management and manage Industrial relations.
8 Participate in strategy formulation by providing innovative strategic input on an on-going basis, into the overall management and development of the organization (both positive and negative)
- Ensure alignment of operations department strategy to overall business strategy and implementation thereof.
- Be part of the ideas generation development.
9 Project good image
- Efficient, courteous and helpful.
- Professional appearance.
- Keep abreast of relevant company information.
- Manage internal and external relationships.
10 Communications with Sales
- Profitability of Sales.
- Ensure that maximum flexibility is obtained at the best possible rate.
- Liaison with Clients.
Does this sound like you?
- Strong project management skills with a strong work ethic.
- Fantastic relationship management skills – can easily engage with consumers.
- Great interpersonal skills, as well as strong “problem-solving skills” and very detailed oriented.
- Strong planning and organizational skills to run a streamlined operation.
- A self-starter, reliable and independent – Able and willing to take initiative and put your best foot forward in everything.
- You always lead from the front with high curiosity and a strong learning mindset.