Administrative Assistant at IDLO
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: IDLO
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
IDLO is pleased to count Kenya among its Member States and was honoured to provide assistance to the Committee of Experts in Constitutional Review during the process to design the Constitution of Kenya, 2010 and subsequently to the Commission for the Implementation of the Constitution (CIC) in constitutional implementation monitoring and oversight. Currently, IDLO is providing technical support to the Office of the Attorney General and Department of Justice, the Kenya Law Reform Commission, the Judiciary, the Ministry of Devolution and Planning (MDP), the Council of Governors, the Kenya National Commission on Human Rights, the National Gender Equality Commission (NGEC) and the Ministry of Mining in implementing the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by way of strategic policy development, critical legislative review, expert technical advice, institutional strengthening and capacity building.
The Department of Programs is the central management and coordinating function for program delivery and capacity development. It is responsible for the implementation of IDLO’s global program portfolio for field and non-field locations in line with organizational strategy.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Associate, the Administrative Assistant provides day to day administrative and logistical support to the Programs department in order to ensure the smooth operations of the Programs Department.
- Support in day to day administrative, logistics and coordination support to the Programs Department.
- Act as the focal point for information management within the Programs Department;
- Assist the Field Program Manager and Program Associate to ensure timely compliance with agreed upon project deadlines, actions, and requirements as well as support the preparation on projects’ documents and workplans;
- Input, organize, and maintain project-related data and materials directly affecting programs, projects, project record files, technical publications, and other references;
- Provides administrative support to organization of conferences, workshops and other events including logistics and preparing materials for meetings such as agendas, handouts, binders
- Support the Field Program Manager and Program Associate to implement administrative and procurement procedures in line with the Field Operations Manual and IDLO Procurement Policies and Procedures (i.e. preparation of purchase requisition, payment requests, travel requests).
- Support in contract preparation for short term contracts including preparing Terms of Reference.
- Support in researching material for the various program’s streams’ activities, and preparing background material for program activities;
- Take minute meetings and share with Field Program Manager, Program Associate, and meeting attendees
- Preparation of routine correspondence, announcements, and reports in accordance to program needs
- Handle routine matters on behalf of the supervisor and follow up on status of correspondence and administrative matters;
- Coordinate program-related work with other IDLO functional units;
- Perform other similar duties as required by the supervisor.
Education and Experience
- High School diploma; University degree would be an added advantage
- 1-3 years of relevant experience providing administrative support to projects/programs.
- Experience working in an international context is highly desired.
- Excellent written and communication skills in English and Swahili are required.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Proficient use of other ICT and internet software;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to develop and foster working relationships across a globally based organization.
- Works well with others and actively participates. Shares information, contributes, encourages and motivates others to become involved in team activities. Provides constructive feedback and willingly helps others. Contributes to a fair environment that fosters collaboration and cooperation. Works effectively across and within IDLO organizational boundaries;
- Proven ability to see through tasks set and deliver results. The ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines, flexibility and an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Ability and willingness to travel to field locations, if necessary;
- Keen sense of ethics, integrity, and commitment to IDLO’s mandate. Self-motivated and dynamic with a willingness and ability to use initiative to assist the organization to achieve its objectives.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and Cover Letter ONLY – no additional documents will be required
Please ensure that you have provided three refernces in your application and salary expectations.
Terms And Conditions
For this locally recruited position, IDLO shall offer the selected candidate an Affiliate contract of 12 months, with possibility of extension subject to performance and availability of funding.
The annual basic salary level for this affiliate professional position is in the range of KES 1,028,049 commensurate with qualifications and experience, plus additional benefits in accordance with IDLO Employee Regulations and Rules.
This local position is open to candidates who are nationals of the duty station, or with permanent resident status or other legal authorization permitting to work in the duty station. An employee subject to local recruitment shall not be eligible for the allowances or benefits exclusively applicable to International employees
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.