Senior Nutrition Specialist Job at African Development Bank, Kenya
Senior Nutrition Specialist Job Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of the organizational unit and working closely with internal and external stakeholders, the incumbent’s role includes but is not limited to:
Establish and promote the Bank’s multisectoral nutrition agenda in coordination with the relevant sectors, including but not restricted to health, education, social protection, agriculture, water and sanitation, private sector and financial inclusiveness. Inter collaboration should be formalized through:
- Support the development, management and monitoring of the Bank’s nutrition specific interventions through the Human Capital Department;
- Support in the formulation and implementation of collaboration strategies to expand and deepen the Bank-wide nutrition agenda with key departments in both public and private sectors;
- Integration of the nutrition agenda as well as proper budgeting in the other sectors through lending operations;
- Support to the establishment of a nutrition multidonor Trust Fund that will be hosted by the Bank;
- Preparation of nutrition requests to be submitted for bilateral funds, and necessary management and follow up actions for the funds;
- Participation in the preparation of policy related documents.
Support the nutrition partnership at international, national and local level:
- Enhance the collaboration between the Bank and the key partners on nutrition and support the resources mobilization from multilateral/bilateral development institutions, donors and private sector institutions to complement the nutrition Bank Group’s operations;
- Represent the Bank at technical meetings on nutrition;
- Follow-up on execution of decisions and recommendations made at the international level on nutrition to keep the Bank up-to-date.
- Support study and capacity building interventions in nutrition;
Periodically disseminate key information on nutrition to inform staff;
- Organize internal events on nutrition to ensure a good Bank wide understanding of nutrition;
- Analyze nutrition data;
- Support in the preparation of briefs, talking points, status reports for management and the board;
- Fulfill any other tasks required by management.
Selection Criteria for Senior Nutrition Specialist Job
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in nutrition or public health with a focus on nutrition;
- A minimum of five (5) years of highly relevant professional experiences in nutrition, internationally and in Africa, with a deep knowledge of nutrition development issues and dynamics in Africa;
- Have strong understanding and grasp of multisectoral approaches of nutrition as well as nutrition management operations, partnerships in Africa, as well as professional ability to build partnerships and deliver services that meet both immediate needs and long-term interests of clients within and outside the institution;
- Innovative ability to integrate nutrition through the other sectors;
- Have strong experience in project management and analytical work;
- Ability to deliver high quality work within very tight deadlines;
- Communicate and write effectively in French or English, with a good working knowledge of the other language.
- Competence in the use of Microsoft standard software applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and SAP).