Africote Ltd Job Vacancy : Field Sales Representative (Outside Sales)
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Africote Ltd
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
To plan and carry out direct marketing and sales activities, so as to maintain and develop sales of Africote in accordance with agreed business plans.
Field Sales Representative Job Responsibilities
- Maintain and develop a computerised customer and prospect database.
- Plan and carry out direct marketing activities to agreed budgets, sales volumes, values, product mix and timescales.
- Develop ideas and create offers for direct mail and marketing Africote products.
- Respond to and follow up sales enquiries by post, telephone, and personal visits.
- Maintain and develop existing and new customers through planned individual account support, and liaison with internal order-processing staff.
- Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Carry out market research, competitor and customer surveys.
- Maintain and report on equipment and software suitability for direct marketing and sales reporting purposes.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform duties and aid business and organisational development.
- Demonstrate products to client as per training and company policy.
- Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
Requirements for the Field Sales Representative Job
- Personality: Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business profit. A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance. Mature, credible, and comfortable in dealing with senior big company executives. Reliable, tolerant, and determined. Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person’s point of view. Well presented and businesslike. Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel within the Country. Keen for new experience, responsibility and accountability. Able to get on with others and be a team-player.
- Personal Situation: Must be mature and domestically secure. Able to spend some nights away per month without upsetting domestic situation. Able to commute reliably to office base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. May be striving financially but not desperate or in serious debt. Must have clean driving licence.
- Specific Job Skills: Able to communicate and motivate via all types of media. Understands the principles of marketing and advertising cost-effectiveness, including market sector targeting, product offer development, features-benefits-solutions selling, cost per response, cost per conversion, etc. Appreciates need for consistency within company’s branding and marketing mix, especially PR and the Internet.
- Computer skills: Must be adept in use of MS Office 2000 or later, particularly Excel and Word, and ideally Access or similar database to basic level, Internet and email.
- Literacy and Numeracy: Able to understand profit and loss calculations and basic business finance, eg., gross margin percentages and calculations, depreciation, capital and revenue expenditure, cash-flow, overheads, etc. Must be a very competent English writer of business letters, quotations and proposals.
- Business and Selling Skills: Must be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator. Able to demonstrate success and experience managing major accounts customers and large contracts or even a business, particularly achieving genuine sales development. Ideal background would be in business support services; Experience of tenders would also be useful.
- Management Ability: Though internal staff management is not initially part of the job, responsibility and opportunity could grow with the development of the business, for example the prospect of recruiting and managing support telesales staff. Some people-management skills, experience and natural ability will be useful.