Amref Health Africa Job Vacancy : Cancer Alliance Program Manager
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: AMREF Health Africa
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Ref: Amref/PM – Cancer Alliance /2018/05-01
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organization based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org
The Cancer Alliance brings together a group of established organizations and agencies– including academic organizations, non-profits, government bodies, non-governmental organizations, industry associations and pharmaceutical companies – to improve cancer services in a more integrated and holistic manner.
The vision of the Alliance is to address the existing barriers in cancer treatment access in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and strive to raise standards of health. Specifically, the Alliance aims to develop Nairobi, Kenya into a regional ‘center of excellence’ for cancer treatment, to address the increasing rate of cancer in Kenya as well as to also serve as a regional hub that can facilitate treatment for patients across SSA.
Through its initiatives, the Cancer Alliance aims to improve:
- Access to diagnostics
- Affordability of high quality medicine
- Transportation to healthcare facilities
- Patient education and family services,
- Healthcare practitioner education
- Data collection and dissemination
- Legislation and public policy.
Main Purpose Of Job
The Cancer Alliance Program Manager will be a very visible and outward facing position, responsible for leadership, oversight, partnerships, fundraising, facilitation, and high-level engagement with policymakers and donors. He/she will also support the Cancer Alliance Advisory Board and will oversee and ensure the accountability of the day to day Cancer Alliance operations, commitments and activities.
- Experience engaging diverse stakeholders and partners toward common goals
- High level contacts and relationships at national, regional and global levels in Africa
- Demonstrated ability to ensure knowledge management and sharing of skills and information with diverse communities.
- Proven experience effectively managing staff and consultants for high performance.
- Successful experience fundraising and managing budgets.
- Demonstrated experience fostering and strengthening relationships and partnerships with targeted stakeholders.
- Experience in communication, including writing and public speaking.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, negotiation and networking skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Ability to exercise confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with diverse groups of people.
Cancer Alliance Program Manager Job Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in public policy, strategy, public health, communications, or other relevant field.
- Ability to travel at least 20% time.
- At least 7 years of experience in a leadership position in a Health Sector Organization in Africa
- High degree of diplomacy
- Public Relations
- People Management
- Problem solving
- Leadership and strategy development
- Work under minimal supervision
- Decision making skills
- Fluency in French a plus
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter before May 18, 2018 to [email protected] with the subject line: REF: Amref/GF Malaria/M&E/2018/05-01.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.