AMREF Job Vacancy : Knowledge Management & Community Lead
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: AMREF Health Africa
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi County, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
REF: Amref/Advocacy Accelerator/2018/05-01
Amref Health Africa is the largest international health development organisation based in Africa. Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, Amref Health Africa’s vision is to bring lasting health change in Africa and is committed to improving the health of people in Africa by partnering with and empowering communities, and strengthening health systems. With headquarters in Kenya, Amref Health Africa has offices in Ethiopia, Uganda, South Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania, Southern Africa and West Africa providing services to over 30 countries.
Employing over 900 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $100 million, Amref Health Africa is a knowledge resource for donors and partners. For more information on Amref Health Africa, please visit www.amref.org
The Advocacy Accelerator is an initiative that seeks to build an interactive community of advocates in Africa that fosters engagement, learning and sharing of resources and experiences through in-person and online platforms. The objective of the Advocacy Accelerator is to strengthen advocacy capacity, alignment, and impact in Africa by providing in-person and online platforms for advocates and their supporters to share experiences, evidence, and approaches. To achieve this ambitious agenda, the Advocacy Accelerator seeks to recruit the right personnel with the desired skills sets, knowledge and expertise. For more information on the Advocacy Accelerator, please visit www.advocacyaccelerator.org
Main Purpose Of Job:
The Knowledge Management & Community Lead will focus on continuously assessing, understanding and improving organisation-wide knowledge sharing, to ensure that the knowledge, information and experience amassed by the Advocacy Accelerator and its Amref Health Africa
Advocacy Accelerator – Knowledge Management and Community Lead community is effectively shared both inside and outside the organisation with community members, partners, donor partners and other stakeholders.
The role is expected to lead processes to increase the quality of information and knowledge shared by the Advocacy Accelerator, as well as, grow the community of members’ engagement with the Advocacy Accelerator on both virtual and in-person platforms.
The Knowledge Management & Community Lead will be expected to lead processes and guide strategic development of strengthened knowledge practice at the Advocacy Accelerator. A successful candidate will possess a clear understanding of knowledge management and community engagement practices, as well as the ability to grow into a role that fills a critical function within the Advocacy Accelerator.
The role will involve working closely with the Advocacy Accelerator’s Content & Training and Communications Teams to produce high quality Accelerator materials to be shared both in person and virtually.
Knowledge Management & Community Lead Job Qualifications
- Minimum of an advanced degree in social sciences/communications/organizational management and/or knowledge strategy.
- Qualifications in community and social media management, blended learning and related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in content development for training purposes.
- At least 5 years’ professional experience working in the field of human rights, education, or another relevant field.
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience teaching and training.
- 10 years of advocacy experience.
- 10 years of African regional experience.
- Experience in advocacy capacity building is a significant advantage.
- Experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of advocacy training, education and capacity building programmes in diverse cultural contexts.
- Experience of complex, large-scale training environments using modern blended training methodologies and techniques.
- Experience developing training content/courseware and eLearning.
- Experience in developing and disseminating advocacy information products and resources, both offline and online.
- Experience coordinating the production of reports, briefing papers, manuals and enewsletters, including the drafting and editing of contents.
- Experience working with developers, designers or other external consultants to build and manage online coordination and learning platforms would be an advantage.
- Experience using online programme management tools would be an advantage.
- Experience in constructing evaluations and post-implementation reviews.
- Capacity to work in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to get consensus and collaboration in a multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to explain complex concepts in understandable language.
- Ability to generate enthusiasm.
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff, establishing straightforward, productive relationships; treating all individuals with fairness and respect.
- Ability to work rapidly, both in person and remotely, with team members.
- Strong writing, editing and proof reading skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and high attention to detail.
- Excellent PowerPoint and Excel skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Proven ability to:
- Work effectively at multiple levels in an organisation.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Focus on predefined goals and deliver results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Polished presenter with ability to handle interactive sessions.
- Excellent planning and organising skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build close working relationships with stakeholders and influence decision making in relation to training courses to ensure excellent outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple demands and to prioritise work and be proactive and self-directed.
- Ability to understand and communicate concepts quickly and accurately.
- An office space in Nairobi within Amref Health Africa University.
How to Apply
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter before May 18, 2018 to [email protected] with the subject line: REF: Amref/GF Malaria/M&E/2018/05-01.
Duly note that Amref Health Africa does not require applicants to pay any fee at whatever stage of the recruitment and selection process.