Assistant Chief Steward, Reservations Agent at Kempinski Hotels
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Villa Rosa Kempinski is a Five Star luxury hotel situated on Chiromo Road, the hotel is just a 5-minute drive to the city center, and 20 km from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.The hotel boasts of 200 stylishly-designed and tastefully-decorated rooms and suites spread on 10 floors, 5 themed restaurants, varied conference rooms plus Kempinski The Spa.
Assistant Chief Steward
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience1 – 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Catering / Confectionery
Reporting to the Chief Steward, the overall job scope of the assistant Chief Steward will will be to assist Chief Steward on managing the section including serving food and beverages to guests in the assigned place of work, providing a courteous, professional, efficient and flexible service consistent with the standards of the hotel and Kempinski in order to encourage sales and maximize guest satisfaction. Ensure that the outlet is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times, ensure that a high quality of product and service is never compromised in the outlet.
- A courteous, professional and efficient service is provided at all times.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the assigned outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the outlet efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Assist in preparation of the outlet’s budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the department.
- Report incidents that require disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review all departmental operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Constantly improve the product quality by sourcing the best available products.
- Support activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Be able to clean and wash dishes according to the established standards of performance.
- Be able to clean and wash pots, pans and other kitchen equipment according to the established standards of performance.
- Ensure that all garbage regulations i.e separation of items as well as the assigned garbage runs.
- Have the knowledge of all cleaning procedures, use of dishwashing machines and the type of chemicals being used.
- Ensuring that breakage is administrated as well as to provide constant feedback to the operation as a tool to reduce breakage and losses.
- Strictly adhere to the established budgets and operating expense plans, ensuring that all costs are controlled.
- Assist in the preparation of the Annual operating budget for operating expenses, operating equipment and FF&E requirements in line with the compilation of the annual business plan.
- Ensure a successful management of the department.
- Assist with a hands-on approach and being present in the operation at all times.
- Implement flexible schedules based on required business patterns.
- Strictly control inventories and the par stock in the operation ensuring that all outlets are sufficient equipped.
- Assist in conducting quarterly full inventories of all operating equipment within the hotel, banquets and all related departments.
- Ensure control and supervision on the requisitions of operating equipment, the storage and careful handling of operating equipment.
- Assist in conducting and participate in daily pre shift briefings with regards to outlets and banquets activities.
- Ensure that all outlets and departments are supplied with clean and dry operating equipment.
- Ensure that all production areas and departments are supplied with clean and dry utensils.
- Supervise contractors in kitchen and back of house areas of the Food & Beverage division.
- Ensure networking with sister hotels and other hotels to borrow equipment as and when needed.
- Be demanding and critical with regards to work processes, standards and performance.
- Be innovative and entrepreneurial to review work processes with a cost efficient and saving approach.
- Ensure a welcoming and courteous professional approach at all times.
- Maintain daily checks and log reports of all areas responsible.
- Assist to produce the following reports for the Director of F&B and Executive Chef. Monthly outlet report, Monthly breakage and loss report, Chemical consumption per area and Trainers report.
- Plan the weekly and monthly duty roster, ensuring that stewarding is adequately staffed and manpower is efficiently handled and part time labor expenses are controlled.
- Develop a multi-tasking approach throughout the department.
- Ensure that all equipment specification lists are updated and controlled after every inventory.
- Ensure that all required operating equipment is listed correctly with all detailed product specifications, purchase specifications and in line with the budget before handing to the purchasing department.
- Coordinate all repair and maintenance reports for the respective departmental areas.
- Ensure all FF&E items for banquets, outside caterings and seasonal usage are adequately stored, protected and reviewed before using. i.e. cleaned, varnished and painted or polished.
- Ensure accurate planning and cost control of all related expenses.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Secondary School Certificate.
- 1-2 years’ experience in Stewarding role
- Concern for quality and attention to details
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word.
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment
- Able to work in a fast paced environment and can multitask
- Ability to remain calm and composed under pressure
- Flexible in terms of scheduling
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- To be able to stand and walk all day
- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Reporting to the Revenue and Reservations Manager/ Asst Revenue and Reservations Manager, the Reservations Agent is responsible for materializing the maximum number of requests and reservations and ensuring all relevant data is entered and maintained in the systems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Review daily reservation accuracy, rate compliance from segment and source, system close-out when necessary and rate availability.
- Ensure clients’ satisfaction and adherence to Kempinski service standards.
- Follow internal credit policy.
- Follow up on lost business and bring information about them to the knowledge of the department superiors.
- Spot-check reservations made the previous day and check all VIP arrivals.
- Test calls LQA / IFH results > 85%.
- Follow the internal up-sell programme for Reservations department.
- University Degree or Diploma
- Knowledge of Opera PMS or Fidelio V6 is imperative
- Opera central systems knowledge
- Good Keyboard skills and proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office to include MSWord, MSExcel
- Experience in a similar role and proven track record may be considered in lieu of specialized education
- At least three years experience in a similar position in hospitality
- Detail oriented
- Good Communication skills
- Listening and oral skills
- Listen attentively and speak clearly