Assistant Director (Monitoring & Evaluation) at KURA
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: kura
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type:
- Job category: Policy/Monitoring Jobs in Kenya
- Formulating and coordinating the Authority’s monitoring and evaluation strategies, policies, programmes and framework;
- Coordinating the preparation of the Authority’s Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, guidelines and development of Project Implementation & Post completion Indicators and Monitoring & Evaluation reports for Senior Management and Board of Directors;
- Reviewing of periodic reports on all project activities;
- Facilitating building capacity for monitoring and evaluation at the Authority;
- Facilitating establishment of linkages with consultants and other stakeholders on monitoring and evaluation for the Authority’s mutual benefit;
- Developing and reviewing monitoring, inspection and evaluation procedures and impact indicators for the project success;
- Coordinating the evaluation of road construction, rehabilitation & maintenance projects, Authority’s Strategic Plans and Performance Contracts;
- Coordinating the preparation of annual work plans, programmes and budgets for road planning and development as well as realigning the plans to the budget;
- Monitoring all project activities, expenditures and progress towards achieving the project output;
- Coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of the sustainability of the project’s results and preparing reports on the findings and lessons learned from project innovations;
- Facilitating the preparation of reports quarterly, half-yearly and annual progress on all project activities to the Board of Directors and Senior Management;
- Coordinating the preparation of terms of reference for monitoring and evaluation and facilitating implementation of related recommendations;
- Facilitating carrying out of economic feasibility studies to determine project viability for future investment;
- Coordinating post project implementation appraisals of completed projects and preparing management reports thereof;
- Conducting project economic and financial appraisals to determine risks and the economic viability of road projects;
- Facilitating economic analysis of investments, programmes and projects and preparing development and investment plans thereof; and
- Performing any other lawful duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Appointment to the position will be made from persons who:
- Have a minimum of eight (8) years’ work experience in relevant work and at least three (3) years in a supervisory role in the Public Service or in the Private Sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Monitoring & Evaluation/ Project Management/ Economics or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Be a member of a relevant professional body;
- Have a certificate in Management Course from a recognized institution;
- Be proficient in computer applications;
- Fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution; and
- Demonstrate competence in work performance.
The successful candidates may be required to work either at the Headquarter Offices or any of the Regional Offices as the case may be. Candidates will be expected to fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six (6) of the Constitution. Specifically, they must obtain and attach copies of clearance certificates from the following institutions/organizations;
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Higher Education Loans Board;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Criminal Investigations Department
- Credit Reference Bureau
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria should apply for the positions by downloading the KURA Job Application Form from www.kura.go.ke, fill and submit together with their updated CVs and copies of National Identity Card, copies of all certificates & testimonials including Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya clearances, details of their day time contacts, names, contacts of three referees.
The application should be mailed (by post office/courier service) or hand delivered so as to reach the Director General by 5.00 pm on Tuesday, 16th July 2019. All envelopes/applications should have the respective job reference number clearly marked and addressed to the following address:
The Director General
Kenya Urban Roads Authority (KURA)
IKM BUILDING, Tower B, 5th Ngong Avenue, Opposite Bishops Gate
P.O. Box 41727-00100, GPO, NAIROBI
Applications without the KURA Job Application Form will not be considered. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Kenya Urban Roads Authority is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Youth, Persons Living with Disabilities and persons from marginalized communities/areas are encouraged to apply