Associate Director (Corporate Finance) Job 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Institution
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Kenya
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
Summary: Our client is a fully owned Investment Bank subsidiary of a Bank. It was launched in 2009 after the Directors resolved to establish as an Investment Bank that would support the ever growing advisory and funding needs of Corporates and SMEs.
This includes taking leadership over the senior associate, associates and analyst.
Mergers & Acquisitions, Equities & Debt Transactions
- Spearhead al M&A, Equities and Debt related opportunities and engagements including origination
- Train direct reports to get them to the same level of competency in the subject including financial modelling
- Increase Profitability of the IB through expansion of M&A and Equities & Debt Product Division
- Grow business by introducing new clients and potential collaboration partners (PE Funds, Investment Banks, DFIs, etc.).
- Manage relationships with existing clients to ensure client satisfaction and repeat business.
- Positively and broadly market Investment Bank.
- Monitor competition and market and advise the Investment Bank on how to position itself in order to achieve its business and financial objectives.
- Increase profitability through deal pipeline growth and expedient deal execution
- Bring ideas to the table that will lead to establishment of new business lines within the IB.
- Be fully involved in the research and financial modeling functions which are both critical in client/potential client engaging, updating and briefing
- Increase Profitability of IB through expansion of its business units including dealing, corporate advisory and capital raising.
- Create strategies towards regional growth.
- Counsel, motivate and increase good working environment for all staff to enhance individual performance and productivity.
- Provide ongoing coaching and feedback to direct reports
- Identify development and training needs and develop plans to satisfy areas identified.
- Ensure delegated duties and tasks are completed in the most expedient and professional manner.
- Build team spirit and morale.
- Providing vision, direction and leadership to his/her market and team.
- Advice and implement operational plans and procedures to enhance and improve efficiency in IB operations.
- Implement the IB’s business strategies and policies to ensure achievement of both business and financial targets.
- Actively participate and support all initiatives introduced within the IB to enhance overall performance of the company.
- Prepare reports and do analysis for research to identify any potential market entry points.
- Master’s Degree in a business relation field e.g. MBA
- CFA or CPA(K)
- 5 years’ working experience in an Investment Banking environment, with sound exposure to Mergers & Acquisition and Fixed Income Products
- Management level experience
- Valuation & Financial Modeling: Knowledge of financial modeling and various valuation methodologies. Also to be well versed with Investment Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of Banking and Business Operations: Well round knowledge of all the Bank’s operations and processes and excellent knowledge of Bank policies and procedures. Also to be well versed with Investment Banking operations, policies and procedures.
- Risk Management: Ability to anticipate and mitigate risk by developing appropriate Risk Management Policies for the Investment Bank.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and principles and pay great attention to detail.
- Technology Skills: Knowledge of various Investment Banking applications and spreadsheets as well as knowledge of performing competent research.
- Fixed Income Securities: Knowledge of fixed income securities and on various pricing methodologies that will inform trading in such securities.
- Compliance and Regulatory Framework: Top notch understanding of the regulatory issues, reporting and operational requirement as provided by CMA, NSE, IRA, RBA etc.
- Results and Achievement Oriented: Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, being judged on performance standards and those of others he leads.
- Personal Ethics: Must be honest, fair, just but firm with himself, and of high integrity
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behavior and work practices but always Win/Win.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Well developed oral and report-writing skills, ability to work with, lead and build motivational teams.
- Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership Skills, Team Building and ability to train, develop and mentor staff.
*IB – Investment Bank
How to Apply
- Interested candidates holding the necessary requirements, good performance and / or references are encouraged to apply with detailed CV’s, inclusive of names and contacts of 3 referees, current telephone number and email address by sending your application to: [email protected] Kindly include your current and expected remuneration in your application. Be advised, this job is open to Kenyan nationals only