Banquet Manager at Kempinski Hotels
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: Kempinski Hotels
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Travel and Tourism Jobs in Kenya
Reporting to the Director of Food and Beverage/ Assistant Food and Beverage Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for producing an outstanding guest experience within the Banqueting concepts by managing a service team in cooperation with the culinary team. The Banquet Manager provides a courteous, professional and efficient service in accordance with the outlet, hotel and Kempinski standards, driving sales and maximising profit.
- Ensure that all rules & regulations are strictly adhered within the hotel including hotel’s policy on fire and safety as well as hygiene regulations including HACCP.
- Ensure that the sales are driven to the Banqueting department’s full potential and that budget is adhered to.
- Ensure that a High quality of product and service is never compromised in the Banquet operations.
- Ensure that the Banqueting department is developed in an entrepreneurial manner, looking for opportunities to generate more business at all times.
- Ensure that innovation and new ideas are fostered, implemented and communicated to the Head of Department.
- Ensure that the growth of internal talent within the Banqueting department is successfully implemented.
- Responsible for driving Talent Development for his/her staff.
- Set an example by reporting to duty punctually wearing business attire according to the hotels dress code & Kempinski grooming standards, maintaining a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene at all times.
- Provide a professional and courteous service at all times and ensure that all employees of the Room Service outlet follow the example.
- Ensure that the place of work and surrounding area is kept clean and organised at all times.
- Execute and demand the team to execute the highest level of service and set-up standards at all times.
- Be knowledgeable of all services and products offered by the hotel.
- Set an example in terms of thorough service and product knowledge of the Banqueting offering.
- Assist in preparation of the Banqueting budget.
- Conduct monthly inventory of operating supplies and equipment together with the stewarding department.
- Perform up selling for all items offered by the department assigned as well as offering alternatives.
- Be knowledgeable to operate the existing POS system based on the trained responsibility level as assigned in the department.
- Identify errors and correct them as required during set-up, service and breakdown of operations.
- Produce reports and analysis of the outlet and present report in the monthly performance meeting.
- Lead the Banqueting department efficiently in cost and expenses, constantly delivering the highest quality as well as driving high top line revenue and profit.
- Establish rapport with guests and meeting organizers to ensure satisfaction and personalized service.
- Work in close term with Stewarding and Housekeeping to ensure that all areas are regularly maintained and organised.
- To work closely with the Sales & Catering department and establish a good rapport to ensure successful flow of communication.
- Participate planning sessions of the Banquets together with the Sales & Marketing Department.
- Plan the banquets’ schedule and checklist with Executive Chef / Banqueting Chef.
- Hold event briefings for the Service and Culinary Teams.
- Actively participate in Banqueting menu design in cooperation with the Culinary Team, Bar Manager and Chef Sommelier / Sommelier.
- Organise tastings of new Banqueting menus.
- Foster and implement creative ideas for Banqueting offering.
- Implement a flexible work schedule based on business patterns.
- Establish a pool of qualified and trained full and part time employees in conjunction with the hotel’s Human Resources Department.
- Ensure an effective payroll control through a flexible work force maximizing the utilization of part time employees and closely cooperating with other Food & Beverage departments.
- Monitor operating supplies, equipment and reduce spoilage and wastage successfully.
- Attend and contribute to all staff meetings, departmental trainings and hotel initiated trainings.
- Attend daily or weekly meetings with the Culinary Team and fostering team work to constantly develop the Banqueting department for more success.
- Attend all required trainings as described by the Food & Beverage Department.
- Report incidents requiring disciplinary actions immediately to the Head of Department.
- Prepare and review all departmental operations manual updates annually in accordance with the Assistant Head of Department.
- Support all activities and cooperation with the suppliers.
- Monitor and constantly improve quality and guest satisfaction trough personal correspondence with the clients, such as event organisers.
- Organise all required outlet specific trainings as described by the department.
- Undertake reasonable tasks and secondary duties as appointed by the Head of Department.
- Respond to any changes in the department as dictated by the hotel management.
- Handle guest enquiries and complaints in a courteous and efficient manner and report to Head of Department / Assistant Head of Department ensuring that the follow up is performed with the guest.
- Ensure that the opening and closing procedures established for the outlet are followed.
- Act as Food & Beverage Duty Manager during the absence of the Food & Beverage Head of Department and Assistant Head of Department.
- Assign responsibilities to subordinates implementing a multi-tasking principle and check their performance periodically.
- Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- BA/BSc/ Diploma in Hospitality Management or related field, preferably from a hospitality College or MBA.
- Minimum 5 years in F&B management role, preferably including experience in a successful food & beverage banquets operation.
- English – excellent oral and written skills. Additional Language will be beneficial
- Proficiency in Excel, Word and Power point.
- Strong knowledge of beverages (cocktails, liquors, wine, etc…) Outside Catering and Banqueting Operations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Applies a professional, confidential and ethical approach at all times.
- Works in a safe, prudent and organized manner.
- Ability to work independently, thrive under pressure in challenging circumstances and come up with proactive, rational solutions.
- Passionate for Food & Beverage
- Leader, Team player and Sense of Responsibility
- Analytical thinker
- Flexible and reliable
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Kempinski Hotels career website on kempinski.taleo.net to apply