Administrative Assistant Job at Britam, Kenya
(Westlands and Embu)
Nature and scope
- The position reports to the Branch Manager with a dotted line to the Branch Administrator.
- The role is responsible for handling of incoming and outgoing mail, typing and dispatch of correspondence, petty cash administration, data capture, scanning and indexing documents in Fortis, handling general policy queries by FAs.
- To perform administrative duties with speed and accuracy and thereby contribute to the efficient running of the branch office.
Admin Assistant Job Key Responsibilities
- Provide a wow welcome experience to all customers calling the branch.
- Ensure a professional telephone experience for all customers calling in through efficient management, transfer of calls, follow-ups within stipulated SLAs.
- Maintain an accurate record/register of all customer calls, letters, and other customer interactions.
- Proper mail management ensuring that accurate records are maintained for all incoming and outgoing mails.
- Accurate scanning and indexing of documents in Fortis.
- Offer support to FAs through generation of policy premium statements for their customers, handling basic iGas queries by FAs.
- Typing accurate correspondences.
- Maintain an accurate postage book.
- Maintain a neat and accurate petty cash record book and ensure petty cash float levels are kept.
- Maintain an accurate and organized filing and storage system.
- Cost Management in areas such as stationery, telephone, postage, photocopying etc.
- Maintain the Branch’s calendar of activities.
- Receiving and dispatching of correspondences with the company and to the clients.
- Accurate and timely dispatch of utility bills to head office for payment.
- Preparation of stationery and Petty cash returns.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the branch management from time to time.
- Satisfied customers, staff and financial advisors –minimal complaints.
- Provision of accurate and timely reports.
- Timely response and efficient management of telephone calls
- Timely response to correspondences and reports.
- Timely, accurate and organized filling system.
- Utilities are paid for in time.
- Accurate and timely data collection and capture.
- Ensure neat and accurate petty cash records.
- Timely requisitions and cost management
- Ability to generate timely management reports
- High Integrity
- Well developed interpersonal relations and communication skills
- A problem solver
- Good computer skills
- People skills
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience for Admin Assistant Job
- A bachelor’s degree in business or Diploma in Business/Secretarial Studies plus other related professional qualifications
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Capable of working under pressure with little or no supervision.
- Soft spoken character