Business Development Manager at iWayAfrica Kenya Limited
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: iWayAfrica
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
JOB : BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – MULTINATIONAL BUSINESS
DEPARTMENT : COMMERCIAL
REPORTING LINES : Managing Director (in acting Capacity as Sales/Commercial Manager)
ACCOUNTABLE FOR : None
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS : Relevant 4 year degree in IT, Commerce or Business Related Field
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE : -Knowledge of wholesale carrier business (mainly Data)
- Sales and Customer Acquisition
- Possess at least a minimum of 3 years in sales (Regional, Pan African, & global)
- Champion Sustainable Revenue growth : The primary focus of the job is to profitable and sustainable grow the portfolio of the iWayAfrica Mauritius revenue & Subscriber base (Market Share), creating rapport with new clients, achieving sales target, strategies and provide support that will continually improve the relationships, grow and retain existing accounts by presenting new solutions and services to the clients.
- Be familiar with Colocation, Data Center Solutions, Interconnect, Cross Connects, IPLC, MPLS, VPN, EoSDH, TDM, Submarine capacity and cross border sales as well as IRU, leased capacity, capacity swap and related technology and solution trends within the wholesale carrier environment
- Business development management positions require a bachelor’s degree and 2-3 years of sales or marketing experience.
- Possesses at least a minimum of 3 years experience in a similar environment.
- Other skills and qualifications, Networking, Persuasion, Prospecting, Public Speaking, Research, Writing,
Closing Skills, Motivation for Sales, Prospecting Skills, Sales Planning, Identification of Customer Needs and Challenges, Territory Management, Market Knowledge, Meeting Sales Goals, Professionalism, CRM, and Microsoft Office.
- Speak English and French or Portuguese, will be added advantage.
Key Deliverables/ Key roles;-
- Prepare sales plan/strategy and execute
- Meet sales and revenue targets
- Identify, Recruit, Develop, Manage new and existing customers to ensure revenue and market share growth
- Develop aggressive sales strategies for acquiring new customer to achieve overall sales targets and objectives
- Direct Sales: Identify and qualify sales prospects (Multinational/Pan African/regional/bulk/key accounts as direct sales)
- Revenue Generation by creating new sales and business opportunities for the company through opening new accounts, giving quotations to clients as needed and providing solutions to customer needs.
- Work closely with other members of the team in compiling proposals as well as closing sales deals
- Prepare product/solution costing and pricing and related selling tools
- Lead negotiations of contracts, tenders and follow up on project implementation
- Seek out opportunities within existing accounts to grow market share and create visibility of our products
- Assist Finance team with Debt collection (current or past/old) by following up with problematic clients to ensure they pay in good time as per the agreed credit terms
- Identify customers requirements and provide solutions that meet their requirements
- Build and maintain profitable relationships with customers
- Participate proactively in company sales and marketing meetings, initiatives and campaigns
- Monitor competition activities, initiatives or developments and make recommendations as well as communicate the same to management
- Identify, initiate and pursue strategic contacts within key accounts, developing a network of key decision makers at strategic and operational level
- Monitor and optimize revenue /margin/contribution in line with approved Key Account Business plans
- Work with marketing to implement all marketing plans, merchandising plans and promotional activities
- Lead analysis and management of the volume and mode of generation, rejections, and pending numbers. Pipeline reporting and updating.
- Producing a market intelligence report on competitors activities with a view of increasing our market share
- Ensuring that all company protocols in the sales process, policies, procedures and communication are followed and adhered too.
- Ensure Full compliance with Company laid down systems, standards and procedures / processes Undertake other duties as and when requested.
- Present new products and services and enhance existing relationships.
- Work with technical staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client/channel partner(distributor) debriefs.
|Microsoft Word, Power Point,
|Negotiation & persuasion||Self- Motivated|
|Planning and coordination||Team Player|
|Analytical||Results and Goal orientated|
- Valid passport. Job will entail travelling
- Work long and extended hours
- Be able to work flexible hours
- Be prepared to travel across Africa
- Knowledge and experience of African ICT (preferable VSAT/ISP/Broadband) and emerging markets
JD Number: SM0005
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application to [email protected]
Closing Date : 6th July, 2019