Capacity Advisor for HRH at IntraHealth International
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: IntraHealth International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
About Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP)
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Capacity Advisor for Human Resources for Health (CA/HR) is responsible for supporting local partners to improve their capacity in HR, which is one of the greatest obstacles to effective program implementation. Local partners need assistance in developing organizational HR processes including position descriptions, hiring/recruiting plans, employment policies, staff retention and dismissal policies, remuneration/payroll and benefits, worker performance/evaluation and career development incentives and opportunities. S/he will be responsible for leading secondments of ASAP supported staff to local partners to address identified deficiencies in multiple areas including: program or technical management, financial oversight and reporting, strategic information, or other areas as needed.
- Coordinate baseline and follow-up assessments using the Non-US Pre-Award Survey (NUPAS), Human and Institutional Capacity Development (HICD), Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCA) and/or, Organizational Performance Index (OPI) with a focus on Human Resources, Organizational Management and Program Management.
- Assess the needs for HR TA of each local partner and develop workplans to ensure strong foundational HR structures (compensation planning, well-crafted job descriptions, clear organizational structure, professional development, performance management and regular performance appraisals), are institutionalized and support the development of the softer capacities (attitudes, motivation, and values) that are essential for sustainable performance improvement.
- Guide the development and use of evidence-based HR management approaches tailored to the size and scope of each partner organization (e.g., IntraHealth’s iHRIS open-source HR management suite for larger organizations, supportive supervision, financial and non-financial incentives, recruitment and retention strategies including negotiation with local government authorities).
- Coordinate formal training activities as well as longer-term learning approaches (e.g., mentoring, coaching, peer-to-peer), and specific work activities (joint projects and interaction with colleagues or beneficiaries from partner organizations) that enhance sustainability.
- Assist NGOs with recruitment of additional personnel to effectively achieve PEPFAR program objectives, we will guide partners to recruit, hire, and on-board appropriate staff.
- Oversee and coordinate Executive Coaching and leadership development support to executive directors, board members, and/or other key leadership positions.
- Coordinate the development of a Community of Practice for local partners’ executives and leaders.
- A Masters’ degree in Business, Public Health, or related field of study and at least 6 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Significant experience working on health projects in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience with international donor-supported projects (e.g., USAID and CDC, including PEPFAR)
- Strong writing skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with domestic and international colleagues
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative
- Comfortable multi-tasking: handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize assignments
- Familiarity and experience in digital health is highly desirable
- Experience in assessing health systems strengthening
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time is required (typically trips are 2-3 weeks in duration)
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed