Capacity Advisor for Strategic Information at IntraHealth International
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: IntraHealth International
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
At IntraHealth, we are a global team of creative, committed humanitarians on a mission. We are advocates, technologists, health workers, and communicators. Program officers, finance experts, and technical leaders. We are passionate and diverse. And we’re united in our belief that everyone everywhere should have the health care they need to thrive. That’s why we work every day to improve the performance of health workers around the world and strengthen the systems in which they work.
For almost 40 years in over 100 countries, IntraHealth has partnered with local communities to make sure health workers are present where they’re needed most, ready to do the job, connected to the technology they need, and safe to do their very best work.
Our programs are designed with a deep understanding of and appreciation for the context of human rights, gender equality and discrimination, economic empowerment, and changing populations. And the longstanding relationships we’ve built with government agencies, private-sector partners, and members of civil society make our efforts stronger and more effective.
Join us and together we can make lasting changes in global health—for all of us.
Accelerating Support to Advanced Local Partners (ASAP):
ASAP is funded through an Indefinite Delivery, Indefinite Quantity Contract (IDIQ) led by IntraHealth. The purpose of the contract is to rapidly prepare Local Partners to have the capabilities and resources to serve as Prime Partners for USAID/U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) programming, in compliance with USAID and PEPFAR procedures, for PEPFAR program implementation in FY20 and FY21.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
The Capacity Advisor for Strategic Information (CA/SI) will provide technical support for the development, implementation, and evaluation of ASAP activities at the country and NGO beneficiary level. The CA/SI will conduct training and mentoring of local partners, ASAP consortium staff and consultants. The incumbent will be able to provide a superior level of oversight on results reporting and assist with the development of tools, guidelines, reference materials, and data collection instruments. The incumbent will be able to prioritize multiple deadlines and have the written and oral communication skills to work with internal and external partners. S/he will need to be able to motivate and track team efforts, while simultaneously working on independent projects, producing above average results. S/he will also have the skills necessary to lead writing results, technical briefs, abstracts, manuscripts, and sections of proposals. The CA/SI reports to Strategic Information Team Lead in Nairobi.
- Provide M&L training and mentoring for local partners
- Provide technical support to country and projects teams for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation systems
- Support country teams to set and monitor Learning Plans on an annual basis and achieve their objectives
- Provide ongoing assistance with and oversight of results reporting
- Provide technical support for assessments and research (develop study design and methodology, including sampling procedures, and assist with implementation, analysis and write-up)
- Assist with development of tools, guidelines, and reference materials.
- Develop data collection instruments (mainly survey instruments and qualitative interview guides, with appropriate procedures for pilot testing, including assessing reliability and validity of measures.
- Analyze quantitative and qualitative data.
- Contribute to the dissemination and utilization of project results to inform project decision-making and share lessons learned with a global audience.
- Lead and assist in writing M&L results, in abstracts, technical briefs, peer-reviewed journal publications, and others.
- Participate in proposal development by writing M&L sections (including performance monitoring plans with indicators) for project proposals.
- Manage other tasks, as assigned
- A Masters’ degree in Business, Public Health or related field of study and at least 6 years of experience or a Bachelor’s degree in a related field and at least 10 years of relevant work experience.
- Significant experience working on health projects in low- and middle-income countries.
- Experience with international donor-supported projects (e.g., USAID and CDC, including PEPFAR)
- Strong writing skills in English
- Strong interpersonal skills with domestic and international colleagues
- Ability to work with a high level of independence, using own initiative
- Comfortable multi-tasking: handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize assignments
- Familiarity and experience in digital health is highly desirable
- Experience in assessing health systems strengthening
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL EFFORT:
- Minimum noise levels in an office environment
- Ability to travel internationally 25% of the time is required (typically trips are 2-3 weeks in duration)
- Position is based in an office, requiring sitting at a desk most of the day
- Requires lifting of 0-10 lbs. occasionally or as needed