Career Opportunities at Deltar Properties (March, 2020 Recommended Jobs)
- Company: Deltar Properties
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Manufacturing Jobs in Kenya
Deltar Properties is one of Kenya’s premier real estate companies founded with the aim of providing affordable housing to home buyers and investors. Our reputation for providing quality, unique, modern and professional services and projects to our clients is one that we hold dear and we promise on delivering housing solutions that meets your needs
1. Executive Personal Assistant
The Executive Personal Assistant shall be responsible for providing full Managerial, Administrative and Secretarial support at a senior level to the Director to ensure the smooth management of her day to day affairs, and most effective use of their time. Handle sensitive and complex issues in a professional and objective manner. Take initiative as appropriate especially in the Director’s absence.
Main responsibilities but not limited to:
- Manage Director’s electronic diary, assessing priority of appointments and reallocation as necessary.
- Manage Director’s travel arrangements (including visas / accommodation).
- Process Director’s correspondence, ensuring that incoming correspondence is dealt with by the Director/or on behalf of the Director, or other staff as appropriate.
- Maintain Director’s office systems, including data management and filing.
- Maintain records of Director’s contacts.
- Screen calls, enquiries and requests, and deal with them when appropriate.
- Assist Director in researching and following up with action on matters which fall within the Director’s responsibility – chasing responses, triggering follow-up action.
- Produce documents, briefing papers, Daily/weekly/monthly reports and presentations for the Director.
- Produce basic financial reports for the Director as needed
- Organize meetings and ensure that Director is well prepared for those meetings, preparing agendas, pre-meeting briefings and meeting papers.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Director.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- 3 years’ experience will be an added advantage
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills to enable professional interaction
- Ability to organize and plan own work.
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to maintain a high level of accuracy.
- A flexible, pro-active approach to work including the ability to prioritize and re-prioritize.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent computer skills, including a working knowledge of presentation electronic diary management software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
2. Project Manager
The Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing, planning, managing and tracking the progress of our construction projects.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreement.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations.
- Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met.
- Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities under management advisory.
- Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports.
- Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues.
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
- Lead and manage network of engineers, architects and other consultants in guiding each project through its governmental approvals process to obtain all permits/approvals required for a project.
- Manage all aspects of the due diligence process including but not limited to feasibility studies, geotechnical evaluations, environmental assessments and surveys.
- Manage all dates and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated including but not limited to critical dates within development agreements, leases, purchase agreements, permitting and construction.
- Manage design consultants in engineering a project within the parameters of the approved site plan, budget, Owner criteria and local codes.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the General Manager.
Skills & proficiencies:
- Bachelor degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Project Management, or related field
- Experience in MS-Office, contract negotiation and associated computer software skills
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in the same field
- Accuracy, attention to detail and deadline-oriented
- Excellent decision making and leadership capabilities.
- Analytical and strong organizational skills with excellent verbal and written ability
3. Finance Manager
The Finance Manager shall be responsible for the financial health of a company or organization. Producing financial reports and developing strategies based on financial research. Guiding senior executives in making sound business decisions in the long and short term.
- Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintain the financial health of the organization.
- Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Remittance of taxes on time.
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Prepare financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Perform any other duties assigned by senior management.
Key skills and Competencies
- Strong interpersonal, communication &presentations skills.
- Research skills
- Analytical skills
- Leadership skills
- Superior attention to detail
- 2-5 years’ experience in the finance field
- Bachelor in Commerce / Finance
- Aged between 30- 35 years
- CPA (K) will be an added advantage