Career Opportunities at Safal Group (February, 2020 Recommended Jobs)
- Company: Safal Group
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Sales/Marketing Jobs in Kenya
The company opened its first manufacturing facility in Mombasa, Kenya, in 1962, rapidly widening its reach to include further countries in East Africa, and then Southern Africa. In 2003, all operating companies were reversed into the current holding company called Safal Investments Mauritius Limited and conduct its business across Africa as the Safal Group
1. Sales Manager- Institution and Project (Building Solutions)
KEY SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
- Minimum academic qualification: Min: Degree in Engineering (civil / structural preferred) and Masters in Business Administration (or equivalent)
- Professional registration: Required, Engineers Registration Board, Tanzania.
- General work experience (years): 10years.
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 5 years’ experience in B2B selling
- Experience in selling building materials / Pre-engineered buildings /Paints will be an advantage but is not mandatory
Key competencies and skills:
- Negotiation and Influence Skills
- New Market and product Development
- Budgeting & Forecasting
- B2B Sales
- Commercial Acumen
- Team Working
- Order Funnel Management
- Analytical Abilities
- Problem Solving ability
- Self-Motivated & Self Driven
- Learning abilities
Main purpose of the position: To manage sales of Building Solutions products pertaining to the Institutional and project segment in Tanzania. The incumbent is also responsible for sales growth in this segment as per company’s Long term and short term plans.
Reporting in to this position (designation and level)
Responsibility for Internal and external relations
Internal: Management, Supply Chain, Finance, HR, Marketing, Legal
External: Customers, structural consultants, architects, contractors and developers, Government Agencies.
- Managerial /Supervisory responsibilities
- Prepare long term and short term plan regarding the Project and Institutional segment business of the company.
- Responsible for accomplishing the agreed business plans and associated actions along with the team. Accountable for accomplishment of monthly, yearly and long term sales, collection and margin plans.
- Market mapping of Institutional and Project customers and sub-segmenting/grouping them based on their needs and company’s service criteria.
- Implementing strategies related to Institutional and Project business including development of new markets/ territories, new products and services, building relationship with customers, Architects, consultants, government agencies and contractors
- Analyzing and tracking competitors’ activities to change existing strategies to win customers and bring about changes in ALAF value propositions
- Managing sales performance of the team through systematic and structured sales process (Order Funnel like SPANCO). Tracking market share with key institutional customers and maintaining the same as per plan.
- Setting team’s performance plans, monitoring the same and evaluating them by timely reviews and feedback.
- Leading, coaching, mentoring and motivating team members to enhance their efficiency and effectiveness. Help and guide subordinates in their career progression.
- Ensure all company activities adhere to legal guidelines and policies of company and the country. This includes the safe execution of projects.
- Managing customer complaints related to Institutional and Project segment
- Operational responsibilities/Tasks.
- Customer acquisition and management thru order funnel process
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
2. Inventory Controller
KEY SPECIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION
Minimum academic qualification: Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- General work experience (years): 10 years in engineering, technical procurement
- Specific to the position (level/discipline/years): 3 years in a similar role
- Industry: Manufacturing, Engineering
Key competencies and skills:
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Planning & organizing skills
- Conflict resolution skills
- Effective communication skills
- MS Office packages
- SAP/ERP Applications
Main purpose of the position:
To assist the Supply Chain Manager in optimising the inventory level of spare parts, consumables and traded items of the Business Unit as well as the cost and effort needed to keep the inventory at an optimal level.
Responsibility for Internal and External relations
- Coordinating with procurement on purchase requests for materials/items that need to be replenished as well as materials/items that should be procured through framework contracts
- Coordinating with stores on stock counts and replenishment settings for materials/items in inventory
- Coordinating with maintenance and operations on future consumption of materials/items, including preparing for overhauls and understanding historical consumption trends
- Coordinating with IT/SAP team on matters relating to data required to run inventory control optimisation software
- Monitor the inventory of SKU’s, spare parts, consumables; spare parts, consumables, traded items) and advise the Supply Chain Manager on required changes to SKU master data (safety stock, reorder point levels, reorder quantities) aimed at balancing inventory levels with expected service levels for each category, using inventory optimisation software (excel, SAP or other specialised software)
- Keep the inventory control optimisation software active and up to date by liaising with IT/SAP team and software vendors
- Reporting on inventory KPI’s and leading initiatives to improve inventory performance and reduce cost, which include initiatives in stores, operations and maintenance departments
- Work out spare parts requirement plans together with maintenance department, in order to make sure the right quantity and type of SKU’s are available at the right moment
- Assisting in updating and improving master data of SKU’s (descriptions, vendor information, stocking parameters)
- Support other Safal group companies in their inventory optimisation if called upon by the Supply Chain Manager
- Adhere to FIFO for all spares and consumables
- Monitor Purchase Requests (PR’s) that are generated in SAP using the optimised stocking parameters
- Follow up with procurement on the execution of Purchase Orders (PO’s) that result from above mentioned PR’s
- Work with procurement on setting up framework agreements for materials/items that are frequently purchased and readily available
- Adhere to Company standards and policies in addition to all regulatory requirements
- Support and implement Company initiatives to achieve performance, quality and safety metrics
- Contribute to periodic departmental and company planning and budgeting cycles including the annual Business Plan Process (BPP)
- Actively support the BU management team in implementing BU- and company-wide policies/procedures and action plans
- Collaborate with other Safal group companies on sharing best practices and improving performance
- Ensure the safeguard and security of Company assets
- Working environment requires that the Inventory Controller wears PPEs all the time for safety reasons.
- May be required to travel
- The company may choose to relocate you to branches or other Group offices as and when needed
- Willing to work extended hours to accomplish job roles
3. Sales Officer
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Requirements :
- Bachelor of Commerce or a Business related degree from a recognized university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Passion in sales and marketing.
- Excellent communication skills with strong commercial awareness.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Key Performance Areas:
Sales Development – Gather market intelligence for competitiveness and assist Sales Manager to develop coil sales growth strategies and implementation.
Optimal and expanded product mix – Actively research market for new product opportunities outside current core Sectors and work with Marketing team to develop and train on new Coil products
Sales volumes – Achieve sales volumes & realization as per budget while monitoring competition closely and provide regular reporting in respect to competitor strategy, products and prices.
Cash collection & debtors’ management –Ensure customer accounts are within credit limits, Cash collection & debtor’s management.
Customer complaint management- Address customers’ complaints as per the company guidelines, provide after Sales Service support when required, manage claims and service delivery issues efficiently and maintain good customer relation.
Any other official assignments that may be delegated by the management from time to time.