Career Opportunities at Vivo Energy (February, 2020 Recommended Jobs)
- Company: Vivo Energy
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Oil and Gas Jobs in Kenya
Vivo Energy is the Shell licensee in 16 countries in Africa. We are proud to offer our customers the very best of Shell’s high quality products and services – including supply reliability, technical expertise and unmatched customer service – in the countries where we operate
1. Trade Marketing Manager- Lubricants
The Trade Marketing Manager- Lubricants will be responsible for implementation of agreed brand and channel marketing initiatives, campaigns and other programmes to support the achievement of market penetration, brand health, business targets and loyalty both in B2B and B2C sectors.
Key Performance areas for the role:
- Work with Country Lubricants Marketing Manager to build the annual Lubricants Marketing Plan and monitor SP&A budget expenditure and implementation.
- Implement the Direct and Indirect marketing programmes for the target sector/channel, covering pricing (cross and multi-channel), product portfolio, training (including product & sector knowledge and sales skills), integrated marketing communications plans embedded in the country marketing plans.
- Drive local adaptation of global brand and sector materials and programmes (i.e. merchandising and promotions) where relevant to drive growth.
- Work closely with the Marketing Operations Manager to monitor and analyse data to understand brand, product and channel performance and trends across each sector.
- Work closely with other Trade Marketing Managers and Retail Lubricants Category Manager to pro-actively implement marketing communication and marketing support across all lines of business.
- Provide the relevant insights regarding market trends (customer and competitor) as inputs in the development and review of business/marketing programs and identification of growth opportunities.
- Continuously monitor business performance across channels and work with the Lubricants Marketing Manager and Sales & Marketing Manager to develop corrective action plans to stay on plan.
- Work closely with the sales teams (FBAMs) and Front Line Technical Services (FLTS) team to support value selling and implementation of B2B Customer Value Propositions (CVP) and Pipeline (SPANCOP) management initiatives.
- Ensure all marketing activities are evaluated in terms of return on investment, and that a Post Investment Review is carried out post activities.
- Coordinate and support on-ground implementation of agreed marketing initiatives by the distributors.
- Manage third party marketing agency relationships and interfaces to ensure delivery of relevant brand and channel initiatives.
Marketing Planning & implementation
- Participate in the development of the country marketing plan covering key brands and channels in liaison with the Lubricants Marketing Manager as per the VE Lubricants marketing planning calendar
- Manage implementation of agreed lubricants brand and channel (B2B & B2C) sales & marketing initiatives – including concept development, actual implementation directly and through third party agencies where appropriate, within agreed budgets.
- Manage implementation of B2B customer value propositions (CVP) and pipeline (SPANCOP) management by the sales teams and Frontline Technical Services (FLTS) Team.
- Monitor impact of marketing initiatives to ensure delivery of target return on marketing investments (pre and post implementation)
- Manage agency relationships to implement agreed marketing communication for assigned brands and channel initiatives.
- Support and participate in the on-ground implementation of distributor marketing initiatives, agency supervision and performance evaluation on need basis
- To be able to implement simultaneous activities and programs on time and on budget, producing the agreed top line growth.
- Success in this role will require a close relationship with sales, technical team, country marketing and key distributors. In addition, a thorough understanding of the external market and competitor activities is essential.
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experiences:
- A university degree preferably in business, marketing or related field.
- At least 3 years of experience in a marketing or marketing support role or environment with strong analytical skills.
- Ability to think strategically and to translate new concepts into operational plans.
- Ability to draw insights from data and communicate them to different audiences with ease. Good understanding of Retail and B2C markets.
- Strong value chain; Pricing; Channel management & Route-to-Market (RTM) competencies.
- Strong proven commercial skills and judgment.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Ability to manage complex projects and handle numerous relationships.
- Strong interpersonal and excellent organisational skills.
- Experience in Fast moving consumer goods (FMCG) setting and digital marketing is an advantage.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and other common computer programs.
2. Supply Assistant – KRA
Drawback, Refunds and rebates
- Supporting KRA exports documentation to ensure all is per expected duty claim process
- Collating all support documents for drawback, refunds and rebate
- Computation, compilation and approval of all drawback, refunds and rebate vouchers for lodging with KRA.
- Follow up of all claims documentation for submission to KRA system and documenting rejected claim
- Support with periodic reports of exports, duty free deliveries, drawback, refunds as required from time to time
- Keep track of all VEK/SVLK Exports to ensure efficient clearance as per prevailing KPI
- Coordinate with all internal imports focal points to ensure no knowledge and process gaps and timely action by the focal points to alleviate clearance delays, demurrage and storage charges.
- Support to all business Units in VEK and SVLK when declaring exports to ensure correct documentation.
Compliance with Regulatory framework
- Maintain daily follow ups with Customs and exports Manager to ensure no negative publicity related to compliance issues and if any raise it immediately with supervisor.
- Action on all non-compliance issues raised by CSD immediately they are raised and get formal confirmations from KRA on close-out of each.
- Monitor changes in the above regulatory environment and focal points on the best way to comply.
- Conduct monthly reconciliation with KRA KOSF to ensure all imported products have been fully accounted for and captured in KRA records.
- Reconciliation of all KRA demands from Customs Services Department to ensure close-out and formal communication of the same by KRA.
- Building professional influential rapport with KRA and interpersonal skills to achieve objectives.
- Delivery of timely status reports.
- Compliance with KRA legal framework relating to this role
- Risk of penalization by KRA and the resulting need to keep very good records to mitigate.
- Challenge of ensuring effective supervision and performance of C&F agents
- Working odd hours when supervising vessels discharge
Job Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Solid prior experience of customs processes
- Solid prior experience regarding drawback refunds.
- Proven analytical competencies
- Strong and effective team player.
- High integrity and strong character
- Proven communication and inter-personal skills.
- A sound understanding of accounting principles and concepts and their application and Proficient in IT especially Microsoft Office and SAP.
- A working knowledge with relevant Tax laws (East Africa Community Customs Management Act)
- Good business relationship and contacts with relevant Tax authority teams
- Good communication skills.
- Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values – Mastery
- Income Tax / VAT/Customs & excise/EACCMA – Mastery
- Accounting skills (working knowledge of standards/practice) – Knowledge
- Displays personal effectiveness – Knowledge
- Team Working – Skill
- Correctness & integrity of figures – Skill
- Demonstrate Courage – Knowledge
- Good communications skills and ability to influence others – Skill
- Shore Officer competences – Skill
3. Maintenance Engineer – Mombasa Terminal
- To formulate and implement Mombasa Terminal maintenance and asset integrity programs at optimum cost while complying with statutory, company and industry standards and requirements and in line with PM and HSSE/Process Safety requirements.
- Contractor Management that achieves agreed contract KPIs and as well as desired customer satisfaction results.
- Manage Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and Permit to Work requirement for all maintenance and Capex works at Mombasa Terminal
- To formulate and implement Mombasa Terminal maintenance and asset integrity programs at optimum cost while complying with statutory, company and industry standards and requirements
- Manage Health, Safety, Security and Environment (HSSE) and Permit to Work requirement for all maintenance and Capex works at Mombasa Terminal.
- Management of the projects and contracts to deliver planned performance safely, on time, within budget and to the required quality standards.
- Contractor management for delivery of agreed KPIs through monthly performance reviews and periodic contractor performance audits, in line with predetermined contract management procedures.
- Ensure timely compliance to statutory equipment inspections and revalidation regulations especially in respect to LPG bulk tanks and compressor reservoirs (pressure vessels)
- Procurement of equipment, materials and services in liaison with the procurement department and especially through provision of scope, standards and negotiation.
- Develop and Maintain a strong HSSE culture, including Permit to Work, within Contractors and ensure compliance to Company HSSE standards
- Support the development Capex plans, including scoping and scheduling of the projects.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- University degree in Engineering, from a recognized university with 3 years’ working experience in Engineering in Oil or Manufacturing/Construction industry.
- Strong team member with good interpersonal skills, personal initiative and drive.
- Knowledge level to contractor management
- Knowledge level in HSSE.
- High flexibility and ability to deliver to tight deadlines.
- Demonstration of the aspired Vivo core Values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People) and Behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork)