CFC Stanbic Bank Jobs. Relationship Manager 2016
Welcome to Jobwebkenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
- Company: Reputable Company
- Location: Nairobi, Nairobi, Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Banking Jobs in Kenya
Relationship Manager – Private Clients Job at CFC Stanbic Bank, Kenya
- To provide Wealth and Investment clients of the region with full product agnostic relationship management and excellence of service within a responsive controlled environment
- To acquire new Wealth and Investment clients for the East Africa franchise (both onshore and offshore)
- To enhance profitability through proactive cross-selling of Group products (both onshore and offshore) to existing and new clients with particular focus on the East African market
- To provide support to the Wealth and Investment team befitting the role and responsibilities of a senior management position
Relationship Manager Job Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities
- Generate new business opportunities in the East African market for the onshore and offshore businesses Meet agreed revenue targets Meet global service/experience standards of Standard Bank Wealth and Investment through ownership of the relationship and by providing a single point of entry for the client into Wealth and Investment and Group offerings Take accountability for client profitability on a product agnostic basis (i.e. across the clients’ portfolio of products).
- Coordinate and execute an appropriate client contact plan and ensure coordination with broader marketing and events Identify and manage business risks for Standard Bank by ensuring that standards, regulations and required processes are adhered to
- Provide appropriate advice to clients on products and service offerings and ensure that these are packaged and structured to minimise risk to protect the interest of both parties.
- Collaborate with product specialists (both onshore and offshore) Broaden client relationships within the Group through introductions and facilitation of business flows through CIB, PBB and Liberty as appropriate.
- Represent Standard Bank Wealth and Investment function in a professional manner, help build its profile and reputation as a high quality service, with a focus on maintaining long-term relationships with clients.
- Grow Revenue Optimise client contribution in terms of budgets provided and ensure value add to clients through cross-selling, specifically focusing on Investments, Financial Planning, Risk Solutions, Transactional Banking, Lending and Fiduciary opportunities.
- Acquisition of new clients through: – Internal / external networking – Dedicated business channels – Proactive sourcing of new clients
- Fully accountable for the relationship with the client, across all hierarchical levels, which incorporates integrating and coordinating all contact between the bank and the client.
- Establishes credibility and overall profitability for the bank and the client by the skilful application of specialist knowledge to deal with diverse client environments and provide qualified leads to relevant areas within the bank e.g. Wealth, Lending, P&BB, CIB, International.
- Builds relationships across all hierarchical levels within and outside the bank in order to develop a credible and relevant network, to ensure leading edge financial and market information To ensure successful retention of existing clients in assigned portfolio to strengthen and expand relationships by intimately understanding the client, servicing the client’s personal financial needs.
- Risk Assuming overall accountability for products and services, such as Wealth, Lending, Fiduciary and Transactional products Conform to the bank’s risk policies and procedures Proactively and timeously identifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
Client reviews and managing of limits General understanding of all areas of risk associated with Wealth and Investment , products and services; draw on this information and input from reliable sources (network) to decide on strategies to meet their needs (business financial needs & operational banking service needs) to establish a sound relationship for further business and protect against loss of key clients to competitors Account for the ethical, moral, legal, operational, credit and business risk of the client portfolio.
- Contribute intimate knowledge of the client, to the function of risk assessment, and provides insights into mitigating or cautionary factors to the risk assessment specialist (via liaison with Manager Credit in the preparation of board papers). Accountable for holding a client file that is fully compliant with legislation Responsible for the implementation and adoption (within Branch, Department or Section) of all Compliance, Anti-Money Laundering and Sanctions related requirements contained in policies, procedures and processes. This includes the consideration and approval of PEP on-boarding and continued business engagement in instances where no adverse information is available.
Preferred Qualification and Experience for Relationship Manager Job
- Appropriate Financial or Investment degree from recognised university.
- Proven track record in the financial services industry, preferably with relationship management experience in Wealth and Investment, Business Banking or Investment Banking.
- Interpersonal Delivering Results – The RM effectively manages his/her time and resources to ensure that objectives are achieved efficiently and on time. Serving our Customers – The RM ensures that clients receive a high level of (globally consistent) service in a timely and accurate manner.
Communicating with Impact – The RM effectively applies verbal, nonverbal and written communication methods to achieve desired results and presents ideas effectively to individuals or groups.
- Working in Teams – The RM understands team dynamics and uses flexible interpersonal style to contribute to the effective functioning of teams and to the completion of team goals.
- Building Relationships and Collaboration – The RM develops and maintains ongoing working relationships, networks and partnerships to help achieve business goals through others (e.g. peers,functional partners, customers etc.)
- Enabling Change – The RM encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities and facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Understanding of financial service trends and Wealth and Investment both nationally and internationally. Understand the activities of the traditional and non-traditional competitors and the impact of these on Wealth and Investment’s relationship with the client.
- Utilize information management systems and processes to pre-empt selling opportunities and identify opportunities and threats to clients and the bank. Effectively use this knowledge to continually provide information to ensure that the products and services of the bank meet the needs of the client and stay abreast with world best practice Monitor markets and pre-empt risk for both the client and the bank
- Good knowledge and understanding of banking, risk, wealth creation mechanisms and the entire range of products and services useful to Wealth and Investment, with knowledge of their mechanisms, client benefits, limitations, profitability to the bank, and value in developing long term business relationships.
- Utilize this knowledge to identify cross-selling opportunities and identify the relevant resources within the bank to optimize these selling opportunities.
A thorough understanding of financial markets, their behaviour, movements and expectations with respect to market. Ability to appropriately balance technical input and marketing skill to address client environment and needs Knowledge Specialist Skills – The RM acquires and develops the specialist and technical knowledge and skills to perform the role on an ongoing basis within the changing environment of the Bank.
- Business Knowledge and Contribution – The RM understands the broader business environment in which he/she works from an industry, Business Unit and role perspective.