Chief Executive Officer at AMSOL
Welcome to JobwebKenya.com. This website helps you to achieve your career dream by linking you to vacancies from Top Companies in Kenya. Job Seekers are also exposed to best articles for career growth and development. Click Here to Subscribe for Job Alerts We strongly advise graduates not to pay money before getting a Job. Report fraudulent jobs to [email protected]
DO NOT PAY MONEY BEFORE GETTING A JOB!!. JOBWEB KENYA DOES NOT RECRUIT!! BE WARNED!!
- Company: AMSOL
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
Established under Section 16 of the Human Resource Management Professionals (HRMP) Act No. 52 of 2012, the Human Resource Management Professionals Examination Board (HRMPEB) is mandated to certify HR professionals in Kenya. Its functions include preparing syllabuses for HR examinations; making rules with respect to the examinations; issuing certificates to candidates who have satisfied examination requirements; and promoting recognition of its examinations locally and internationally.
The Human Resource Management Professionals Examination Board (HRMPEB) is affiliated to The Institute of Human Resources Management which coordinates the activities and oversees the interests of all qualified and registered Human Resource Professionals in Kenya. IHRM also draws its Mandate from the Human Resource Management Professional Act No 52 of 2012.
Reporting to the Board, the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to the Human Resources Management Professionals Examinations Board (HRMPEB) will be responsible for the implementation of the board’s decisions in a results oriented and timely manner in order to achieve the board’s goals, objectives and agreed performance targets.
- Ensure compliance and implementation of Board resolutions.
- Facilitate the preparation and implementation of annual work plans, procurement plans, budgets, Performance Contract, goals and objectives.
- Prudently manage the Board’s resources within budget guidelines according to the organizational policies and government laws and regulations.
- Ensure maintenance of effective internal/external controls so as to safeguard the Board’s assets and oversee financial audit processes as required.
- Ensure prudent financial management, and administer with due care, the institution’s assets and liabilities.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of appropriate human resource policies and practices that fully conform to current laws and regulations.
- Enforce a culture of regulatory compliance, good corporate governance and adherence to guidelines in place.
- Engagement with stakeholders to enhance the corporate image of the Board.
- Promotion of entrepreneurship and high performing investment ventures.
- Develop performance standards together with mechanisms for monitoring and evaluation to ensure effective implementation of the corporate strategic plan and achievement of the corporate performance targets.
- Ensure compliance with applicable statutory, legal and regulatory requirements and establish mitigation measures against emerging risks.
- Develop the Board’s image and good working relationships with all stakeholders and partners while promoting the principles of good governance in the Board.
- Develop networks and partnerships with stakeholders and spearhead the realization of the objectives of Board.
- Direct and coordinate board operations and administration to ensure that the various organs operate in conformity with overall operational plans and performance targets
- Formulate comprehensive workforce succession plan to ensure availability of qualified human resources for the effectiveness and efficiency of the Board.
- Effectively support the realization of Vision 2030.
- Review and formulate the monitoring and evaluation mechanism.
- A Master’s degree in Education, Commerce, Business Administration or related discipline from a recognized university.
- A professional qualification in Human Resource Management
- Demonstrable skills in curriculum development, test development, test measurement and management of examinations.
- At least ten (10) years relevant experience in education or examination management in a senior management position.
- Computer skills.
- Must satisfy the provisions of Chapter six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010, i.e:
- Clearance with the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Clearance with the Higher Education Loans Board
- Clearance with the Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Clearance with the Kenya Revenue Authority
- Clearance with Central Bank Licensed Credit Reference Bureau
Job Skills and Personal Attributes
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to research, digest, analyze and present material clearly and concisely.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work on her/his own initiative.
- Honesty and reliability and attention to detail.
- Flexibility and adaptability to juggle a range of different tasks and to work extra hours to meet deadlines.
- Discretion and an understanding of confidentiality.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified applicants to send a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience and positions held relevant to this role. Include your day and evening phone numbers, email address, current & expected salary, name and address of three professional referees.
Applicants should either email their applications to [email protected] or send the hard copies of the same, clearly indicating the position being applied for on the envelope, to the following address:
Africa Management Solutions Limited
Vision Plaza 3rd Floor, Unit 12A, Mombasa Road,
P.O. Box 11145-00100 NAIROBI.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted. Our client is an equal opportunity employer therefore women, persons with disabilities, the marginalized and the minorities are encouraged to apply.