Chief Executive Officer at Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
- Company: Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service
- Location: Kenya
- State: Nairobi
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Kenya
The Kenya Universities and colleges Placement Service (KUCCPS) is a corporate body established under the Universities Act 2012 to succeed the Joint Admissions Board (JAB). The Service is governed by the Placement Board. In the performance of its functions, the Placement Board seeks to promote equity and access to university and college education, by among other things, developing criteria for affirmative action, for the marginalized, the minorities and persons with disabilities. The placement Board also seeks to establish a criteria to enable students access the courses for which they applied taking into account the students’ qualifications and listed priorities. Notwithstanding any other provisions of this Independent Part, a university or college may independently admit students to its programmes in accordance with its approved admissions criteria.
The Mandate of the Placement Service is to coordinate the placement of Government sponsored students to universities and colleges; disseminate information on available programmes, their costs, and the areas of study prioritised by the Government; collect and retain data relating to university and college placement; advise the Government on matters relating to University and College student placement; develop career guidance programmes for the benefit of students; and perform other functions assigned under the Act.
The Placement Service Board now seeks to recruit a Chief Executive Officer/Secretary to the Board to manage and direct operations of the KUCCPS Secretariat for the full realization of the Corporation’s mandate and the accomplishment of its goals, while observing the expected standards of integrity, accountability and ethics.
Reporting to the Board, the CEO will provide visionary leadership in setting short-term and long-term objectives. The CEO should have an appealing demeanour that inspires the trust and confidence of all stakeholders.
Consequently, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Developing and recommending to the Board long term strategies, business plans, and annual operating budget;
- Establishing proper internal monitoring and control systems and procedures;
- Ensuring compliance with Constitutional and Statutory requirements in the Placement Service activities;
- Ensuring prudent management of resources of the Placement Service;
- Coordinating placement of government sponsored students to universities and colleges;
- Ensuring effective and efficient dissemination of information on programmes;
- Developing, leading and continuously nurturing a team of highly motivated and talented human capital in creating a culture of excellence in performance, and remaining focused;
- Ensuring continuous improvement in the quality and value of services and products provided by the corporation;
- Developing and driving initiatives aimed at achieving medium and long term, transformative and sustainable goals ;
- Preparing and coordinating business related proposals, reports and other submissions for consideration by the Board;
- Ensuring continuous achievement of the corporation’s financial and operating goals and objectives;
- Overseeing and ensuring implementation of corporate policies and programs; and
- Ensuring proper custody of institutional assets.
- Have a minimum of fifteen (15) years relevant work experience and at least ten (10) years distinguished career in a senior management position in a reputable institution either in the private or public sector;
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution;
- Have a Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Education, Business, Social Sciences or any other relevant and equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Have professional qualification and membership to a relevant professional body, where applicable;
- Must have undertaken Leadership courses from recognized institutions;
- Must fulfil the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution on leadership and integrity.
- In addition, applicants should have clearance certificates from the following bodies:
- Kenya Revenue Authority;
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission;
- Higher Educations Loans Board;
- A licensed Credit Reference Bureau;
- Directorate of Criminal Investigations
- Transformative leadership (visionary, inspirational, change champion, people leader and business driver);
- Acumen in Resource planning and management.
- Leadership and Managing performance for outcomes.
- Building organizational capability and establishing strategic directions.
- Strength in implementing Policies and strategies.
- Adept at building Stakeholder relationships and networks.
- International exposure and establishing strategic partnerships.
The successful candidate will be engaged on a five  year contract renewable once subject to satisfactory performance.
Method of Application
The Board Chairperson,
Kenya Universities and Colleges Central Placement Service,
P.O. Box 105166-00101,
Or Email: [email protected]
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The Placement Service is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, women and candidates from marginalised regions are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date : 8th December, 2020