Chief HRM Officer Career At Makueni County In Kenya
Makueni County Public Service Board is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act 2012 whose mandate includes appointing persons to hold or act in the offices of County Public Service.
In order to strengthen the capacity of the Public Service, the Board wishes to recruit competent and qualified persons to fill the following positions as per Article 176 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 and Sections 45, 50 and 51 of the County Governments Act 2012.
Chief Human Resource Management Officer II MCPSB/05: (2 Posts) – Job Group M
Chief HRM Officer Job Responsibilities
The Officer will be responsible for the following:
- Assisting in collecting, collating, and analyzing Human Resource data from Departments and making recommendations thereof.
- Analyzing Human Resource issues emanating from the departments and initiating appropriate action
- Assisting in administering HR-related documentation, such as contracts of employment.
- Implementing, monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of existing HR Policies, guidelines and procedures
- Planning, Coordinating and controlling Human Resource Management activities of recruitment, appointments, employee relations and discipline.
- Implementing HR policies and regulations.
- Analyzing staff progression and making proposals for career development.
- Ensuring the relevant HR database is up to date, accurate and complies with legislation.
- Assisting in carrying out staff audits, identify gaps and develop optimal staffing levels at the county.
- Assisting in all administrative activities relating to medical aid, insurance, health and safety, staff retirement benefits and staff leave administration.
- Ensuring correct interpretation of human resource policies, rules, regulations, labour laws and other relevant statutes.
- Assisting in drafting job descriptions in consultation with heads of department.
- Performing any other duties as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor from time to time.
Requirements For Chief HRM Officer Job
- Be a Kenyan citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management, Social Sciences or business related field.
- Diploma in Human Resource Management or any business related field.
- Master’s degree in Human Resource Management or any business related field is an added advantage.
- Be a member of IHRM
- Those with CPS qualification will have an added advantage.
- Served as Senior Human Resource Man agent Officer or in a comparable and relevant position in the public service for a period of 3 years or 5 years relevant experience in private sector.
- Good organizational and interpersonal skills
- Basic numeracy and IT skills required for operating various systems.
- Ability to interpret, analyze, and explain the official framework employment regulation.
- Good negotiating and influencing skills in implementing Human Resource Management policies.
- Able to work alone with minimal supervision.
- Satisfy the requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010.